New at digging

ol55

From northeast FL. New at metal detecting with my grandson with autism. Looks like a lot of fun and hopefully interesting finds ahead of us. Just getting started but certainly enjoying reading about the information that is shared on this site.

:wave: Welcome from Ohio. What detector do you swing? Water or land hunt?

Welcome from wv! And it’s always great to find a hobby to share with the lil ones. Good luck!

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Welcome from Northern Illinois. I hope that you and your grandson have an excellent time. My daughter is on the spectrum, and I think that she'd love it, but I can't seem to get her interested...

Hey Welcome! Let us know how this goes for you and your Grandson...I've often wondered if this would be a good activity for an austistic child? I'ts audio based, out doors, goal focused, immediate reward, and whatnot...I could theorize it would be good, but I dont know...

I suppose a guy would have to see.....get the kid out in a totlot, toss out a handful of clad, hotwheel cars, get the kid the idea of what is going on...and maybe during the hunt, or after the hunt, the child gets to purchase a 'treat' from you with the clad? I dont know...just thinking out loud...

Man if I was a kid and Gpaw got me into this? Oh yeah! He wouldnt a got any peace at all! It be like, "Lets Go!"

Welcome from NC! Soon you and your grandson willed be hooked on metal detecting like the rest of us!

Back
Top Bottom