One Hour, Two Rings

Call Me V

My friend, Mark, and I went to a field that he found that still exists from a middle school that was demolished. However, the old football field still gets used by one of the school bands for marching band practice and by the community for soccer and pick-up football games. We only had an hour, but I ended up with two rings. Granted neither is amazing in their own right, but they were still fun to pull out of the ground.

The silver ring isn't marked with anything, so until I get a metal test kit ordered from Amazon I really won't know what it is. However, it was about 4" down and came out of the hole clean and shiny. While it doesn't show well in the picture, the cross is silver but the outer band is like a blackish silver. The FOXY ring is just cheap plated stuff.

I found that last ring on the way to the car to leave and I was just dragging my coil along the ground.

We only searched an hour because of a stupid mistake on my part. I thought I saw a target in the hole but couldn't find it with my glove on, so I took the glove off to reach in, unfortunately, it was a jagged piece of a can. I sliced my finger open. It was bad enough that blood was soaking through the leather fingertip of my glove. Oh well, learn learn learn. BTW, I am up-to-date on my tetanus after falling during a dance routine last season and cutting open my knee.

Yet another in a growing list of lessons I learn each time I go out.

Attachments

• IMG_1107.jpg
    IMG_1107.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 217
Nice set of rings,even if they’re not gold they weren’t lost on purpose,,Your definitely doing better than me cause I rarely find rings,junk or not..Congrats on the pair.

Excellent!! Great hunt and post write up! Especially about the cut...it shows you are REALLY into this Sport since you kept on hunting until the blood was soaking through the glove finger! Love it!..:lol:

Great finds! I haven't gotten a ring yet sadly but I am sure I will as fields and schools are going to be my targets until I get back to a permission I have.

Nice finds! I agree, rings are always a fun to pull up, whether they're just bling rings or not. The cross ring is pretty slick - interesting that it has the same design on the inside of the band as well. Very likely to be modern, but cool nonetheless. Funny that you found one ring just dragging coil back to the car...it's amazing how often you hear about good finds that are made that way! Living proof that the hunt really isn't done until the detector is stowed in the trunk :lol:

Definitely a lesson learned with the blood-letting during the hunt! Every hobby/sport has it's potential to inflict bodily harm - dance for sure, and for my daughters it's gymnastics and skating. But you'd never expect it from metal detecting at first - it looks so...mundane :lol: Worst you might imagine is a mean sunburn or a monster case of PI - then a bit of can slaw reaches out and makes things go all gory. But like Mud said...pushing on until the blood soaked through shows some serious dedication - you've gotta be one mean dancer/detectorist! :D

But like Mud said...pushing on until the blood soaked through shows some serious dedication - you've gotta be one mean dancer/detectorist! :D

I wish I could say we pushed on, but that's why we called it a day. My friend said I was being too much of a girl. Yeah, well....

Nice rings V!!!! I bet that cross ring is silver too!! Sorry to hear bout the cut though, ouch!!

Back
Top Bottom