• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Trapper Jack Video...#300 FTY

IDXMonster

Elite Member
It’s not something that is seen very often! A few guys here have done it and then some,but hunting a lot of public property that’s been plundered heavily is NOT an easy way to achieve this. The heat was hot,the mosquitos sucked as bad as ever and Dewsweeper and I got skunked. But being there for a guy who we respect a great deal (and actually like) was the main thing. Congratulations once more Trapper,it couldn’t have happened to a more deserving guy.https://youtu.be/e3V-nBmHKTc

I would like to say I was laying off all day with hopes that Trapper followed in my footsteps to grab a few and get to 300 but that was not the case .

Not only is Trapper (Jack n Jill) Dedicated and persistent in his craft but he is also just That Darn Good!
You can stay in denial about his talents and have plenty of confidence in your own abuility but if you hunt along side the man enough times you come to the realization that Trapper Jack is going to scrounge them up and take you to school. ... just make a good hunter look like a rookie 😳

86 degrees humid and even with 4 or 5 complete spray downs of bug spray the mosquitoes still killed me .
Absolutely horrible hunting day but I wouldn't trade the experience with two great buddy's and the major milestone for nothin👍
Congradulations Trapper . And thanks Kev for capturing the moment .
Good times.
,Dew

Sharing the moment with good friends just made the event even more rewarding. Thank you both for spending a hot and highly moist buggy day with me, that alone was reward enough, 300 was just...well... a bonus . I will add a picture of the Merc later. Trapper

Attachments

• 9-16-18 1.jpg
    9-16-18 1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Major congrats to Trapper for hitting 300! There's still a lot of days left in the year. Go for 500 Trapper!

Awesome Trapper!!! I told you a couple months ago that you would hit 300 this year!! Huge congrats!!!

:laughing::laughing: Oh Man! Lookat the size of that Plug! Big as a Garbage can lid! What do you use for a shovel? A trackhoe? A Power Company Pole Hole driller? No wonder they call y'all Wisconsin Badgers! :laughing:

You were born 200yrs too late there Trapper! Besides catching fur bearing quadrupeds and running over deer in your Oxcart, in the off season You coulda had a booming business as a plumber by digging new backyard shidders!:laughing::laughing: You got some major excavational skills!

In fact, the next time the snowplow knocks down my mailbox, I'll pay you a Merc dime for a hole that deep! :laughing:

Hilarious dialog and reprehensible vocabulary! Also noteworthy, ...whats up with these late season flying Hemogoblins? Coming right up out of the fresh mowed grass, not afraid of the Sunshine, smaller than normal but twice as fierce? In Sept? We got them over here too, In and theyve been damnable! They will live for @8 weeks ya know, I bet I lost a pint to them over the weekend while out hunting! I had to keep some orange juice and cookies in the car just to make it home! I hope we get some frost and soon!

Congratulations on your 300!! You 'Sconsins sure are entertaining! Glad you got it on film! :laughing:

Last edited:
That’s an amazing accomplishment! Congrats Trapper!

Big congrats Trapper on the Merc for silver #300!

Congrats Trapper! Great job!!!

Major congrats to Trapper for hitting 300! There's still a lot of days left in the year. Go for 500 Trapper!

Congrats Trapper! It's nice to put a face with a name

Just outstanding, congrats Trapper, you are a master craftsman 300 a well deserved milestone. HH Mark

Huge congrats on #300 Jack!!!

Awesome Trapper!!! I told you a couple months ago that you would hit 300 this year!! Huge congrats!!!

I want to say thank you to all for your acknowledgement of this plateau. It was reached with a lot of support from the membership of this Forum. Little things added to my success like tips for hunting after dark from Jeff and the constant encouragement from others like Mark, Toad, Tom and Digger. I even had a guilt trip as I past Bruce's season record and he still gave his support. It was a great ride for me so far and its not over and having replies on my threads are what keeps the adventure going. Just want to let you all know how much it is appreciated. Trapper

It’s not something that is seen very often! A few guys here have done it and then some,but hunting a lot of public property that’s been plundered heavily is NOT an easy way to achieve this. The heat was hot,the mosquitos sucked as bad as ever and Dewsweeper and I got skunked. But being there for a guy who we respect a great deal (and actually like) was the main thing. Congratulations once more Trapper,it couldn’t have happened to a more deserving guy.https://youtu.be/e3V-nBmHKTc

I would like to say I was laying off all day with hopes that Trapper followed in my footsteps to grab a few and get to 300 but that was not the case .

Not only is Trapper (Jack n Jill) Dedicated and persistent in his craft but he is also just That Darn Good!
You can stay in denial about his talents and have plenty of confidence in your own abuility but if you hunt along side the man enough times you come to the realization that Trapper Jack is going to scrounge them up and take you to school. ... just make a good hunter look like a rookie 😳

86 degrees humid and even with 4 or 5 complete spray downs of bug spray the mosquitoes still killed me .
Absolutely horrible hunting day but I wouldn't trade the experience with two great buddy's and the major milestone for nothin👍
Congradulations Trapper . And thanks Kev for capturing the moment .
Good times.
,Dew

The conditions were not great but both you guys prodding me kept the day alive. We did not celebrate my achievement but a effort for us all to attain the moment. I am proud that you both were part of this. Brad you made a lot of road trips and we shared Silver one of the year back in February. Did not think 300 was attainable back then.The two of you shared a lot of milestones with me and I'm extremely thankful for being able to share those good times and create some cherished memories. That happy dance on finally digging a "V" Kevin. Oh! I was so happy you were not rolling the camera. Digging career 1000 on the same site as #300 is amazing and Brad you were there for both. Thank you both for including me in these adventures and creating a lot of cherished memories. Trapper

Woohoo, huge congrats Trapper. That's a number not many have got to and glad to see you hit the 300 club. Fun to see it on video too. Well now on to 400. Yes, public land still hold silver and you are proving that.

HUGE congratulations Trapper!
I have to say, that in 8+ years of detecting, I do not think I have 300 silver altogether.
You are truly a Legend and will live on in the Metal Detecting hall of fame (If I ever get it built):lol:

The conditions were not great but both you guys prodding me kept the day alive. We did not celebrate my achievement but a effort for us all to attain the moment. I am proud that you both were part of this. Brad you made a lot of road trips and we shared Silver one of the year back in February. Did not think 300 was attainable back then.The two of you shared a lot of milestones with me and I'm extremely thankful for being able to share those good times and create some cherished memories. That happy dance on finally digging a "V" Kevin. Oh! I was so happy you were not rolling the camera. Digging career 1000 on the same site as #300 is amazing and Brad you were there for both. Thank you both for including me in these adventures and creating a lot of cherished memories. Trapper

Thanks again Trap , A very big Wisconsin number just mindblowing considering that it was done in 6 months . If you need me I'll be upstairs in the basement carving a block of wax into your likeness. First it was gonna be a sasquach but I screwed up .. then IDX Monster because I was working with less material.. unfortunately I screws that one up also so I have been waiting for this moment to come for a wile now. 😎
Looking forward to the next adventure as always .
, Dew

Wow! Nice one to catch on video! Huge congrats to Trapper on reaching such an impressive milestone that was way beyond your original goal! Meanwhile, up in the northland, I was working a pulltab field around a pavilion in an old park. Same awful heat/humidity, but I had some shade to work in. Anyway, I dug your dime's Mercmate; another '29 Merc! It was also a goal exceeding milestone for me, at 40 for the year. Three hundred just blows the mind!
Congrats to all three of you guys! Great post!

Wow! Nice one to catch on video! Huge congrats to Trapper on reaching such an impressive milestone that was way beyond your original goal! Meanwhile, up in the northland, I was working a pulltab field around a pavilion in an old park. Same awful heat/humidity, but I had some shade to work in. Anyway, I dug your dime's Mercmate; another '29 Merc! It was also a goal exceeding milestone for me, at 40 for the year. Three hundred just blows the mind!
Congrats to all three of you guys! Great post!

We’re gonna drag your ass down here pretty soon,just wait for the skeeters to thin out. Hunting around Milwaukee is crazy,there are SO many places and possibilities it is literally endless. Like...endless! You wanna get started on downscaling to jewelry and hunting tot lots,playgrounds,basketball and tennis courts,sports fields,lake front,swimming beaches.....ENDLESS! My humble opinion is that while there has been silver recovered in the past and we’re all presently working on it,it ain’t even CLOSE to done. NOWHERE close.

:laughing::laughing: Oh Man! Lookat the size of that Plug! Big as a Garbage can lid! What do you use for a shovel? A trackhoe? A Power Company Pole Hole driller? No wonder they call y'all Wisconsin Badgers! :laughing:

You were born 200yrs too late there Trapper! Besides catching fur bearing quadrupeds and running over deer in your Oxcart, in the off season You coulda had a booming business as a plumber by digging new backyard shidders!:laughing::laughing: You got some major excavational skills!

In fact, the next time the snowplow knocks down my mailbox, I'll pay you a Merc dime for a hole that deep! :laughing:

Hilarious dialog and reprehensible vocabulary! Also noteworthy, ...whats up with these late season flying Hemogoblins? Coming right up out of the fresh mowed grass, not afraid of the Sunshine, smaller than normal but twice as fierce? In Sept? We got them over here too, In and theyve been damnable! They will live for @8 weeks ya know, I bet I lost a pint to them over the weekend while out hunting! I had to keep some orange juice and cookies in the car just to make it home! I hope we get some frost and soon!

Congratulations on your 300!! You 'Sconsins sure are entertaining! Glad you got it on film! :laughing:
You got me roaring in laughter Mud, I call my plugs man hole covers and learned to dig them on the trap line. No little critter is going to come by and flip them. It also helps that I don't damage to many targets:yes: Truth is John most of the Silver I dig on public grounds is between 7 to 10 inches and I hate plugs that fall apart. Did you notice how clean that fit and blended back in.
I agree with you on getting a frost or two to take those miniature vultures out of the equation. I think a blood transfusion is in need after the donations I made yesterday. Heck I could have bathed in "deet" and that wouldn't have stopped them. Us Cheeseheads do have a crude vocabulary We had to go to school in the Wisconsin Bars and Brathouses to get educated. We do this that only because we were not blessed with accent's like those on the East Coast or the South. Not even the drawls of the Cowboy West and we aren't allowed to used the Upper language wid da ey's and aww's/ of the lands of the North:lol:
I'm happy this plateau find made film and not the little girls scream that was on my first "V". Trapper

Back
Top Bottom