Epic Hunt Pictures and Video.

Compass

Forum Supporter
Yesterday was another one of those memorable days that we all have once in a while. It was special for a number of reasons but I've listed a few:
- Wanted it to be good for my hunting buddy because it would be his last hunt for a while because of his upcoming surgery.
- I picked the right beach on the right day so I think I'm getting better at "reading" beaches and when to go.
- Found 6 rings- 3 with the Excal II and 3 with the Dual Field and discovered that I love both detectors.
- Got a video of actually finding a gold ring.
- Spent 12 hours at the beach digging targets all day and we never saw another person detecting.

Although I found the gold ring with the Excal, the Dual Field really shined yesterday. It worked great in the black sand areas, got some deep targets, and detected some really small items as well. The big coil has a wide search pattern that really made me feel confident that I was covering the area well.
picture.php

picture.php

HH!

Very nice. I could tell on that first ring you were excited. I was excited with you. Hope your buddy does well.

OUTSTANDING hunt and video George. You predicted gold and silver this week!! Nostradamus I tell you! :lol::lol: I know that stretch of sand well, it sucks! ;) Thanks for the PM and I hope to see you out there soon. Congrats on ANOTHER awesome hunt. :yes:

BV

I sure enjoyed watching that video!! That was a banner day for sure. I just put a fresh set of batteries in my Dual Field and am heading to Jacksonville Beach Florida tomorrow for a few days. My first beach hunt of the year. After your show I can't wait to get out there. Nice job!!

Things did get moved around a bit George, We can see the black sand areas....it's all about reading the beach...you got it! :yes: You did a great job on the video....man I love that cam! Hope your buddy comes out well in is surgery. Congrats job well done!

Banner day!

Great video n hunt, enjoy see the Gold come up, and you got it on video..congrads, very kewl....joe

hey, looks like you guys had a great day of it! some nice finds! (what's that square thing there between the rings? looks like silver.)

Pete
Pete, I can only assume that it is a ring. It is stamped .925 and has a hammered finish. I can't imagine what else it could be. At first I thought it was plated but it was only the silver shining through the black oxidation. It should look real nice when its cleaned up but one of the most unique rings I have ever found. HH!

OUTSTANDING hunt and video George. You predicted gold and silver this week!! Nostradamus I tell you! :lol::lol: I know that stretch of sand well, it sucks! ;) Thanks for the PM and I hope to see you out there soon. Congrats on ANOTHER awesome hunt. :yes:

BV

Vinnie, After predicting gold, I was really happy to see that ring in the basket! Funny that you say that about NB- I feel the same way about HB :lol: I don't remember ever finding any gold or silver there. :?:

I sure enjoyed watching that video!! That was a banner day for sure. I just put a fresh set of batteries in my Dual Field and am heading to Jacksonville Beach Florida tomorrow for a few days. My first beach hunt of the year. After your show I can't wait to get out there. Nice job!!
Thanks Jim Bob. I hope you find some precious metal. HH!

Things did get moved around a bit George, We can see the black sand areas....it's all about reading the beach...you got it! :yes: You did a great job on the video....man I love that cam! Hope your buddy comes out well in is surgery. Congrats job well done!
Thanks Joe, The surgery is not for any life threatening issue. He just won't be too mobile for a while which makes it tough being a treasure hunter. I also love this little camera and am looking forward to your next video. HH!

Great video n hunt, enjoy see the Gold come up, and you got it on video..congrads, very kewl....joe
Thanks OBN, I kind of wish that I was hunting in "Disc" so I could have heard what it sounded like in those conditions but I was very happy that I was able to capture the moment on video. If I'm not mistaken, you posted a cool video that shows you scooping out a gold ring that you detected in "Disc". HH!

Nice job on the hunt and the video! I think this storm might end up being the only decent one this winter as far as beach erosion goes. I'm glad you got out and had good luck. I was hunting up along the Malibu coast and didn't find a single ring, but strangely found three bracelets (junk, silver, and gold), and I had never found a bracelet before in my life!

Did you get out today at all? If so, what were the conditions like down there? The beaches in my area were starting to sand in and I got much fewer targets today, although I did find that gold bracelet on today's hunt.

Great hunt!
I will go out in the rain , Mostly because most other will not. Some of the best hunts during El Nino seasons were during torrential rains, Nothing like seeing the cuts happen in front of you, You know your the first to scan them.
Thanks for the video..Just like being there.

"Nothing like seeing the cuts happen in front of you, You know your the first to scan them."
:yes:
That is one reason that I like going at high tide instead of waiting for low tide like so many others do. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom