I figured this would happen to me sooner or later..

Ice Scratcher

Elite Member
I happens to the best of us eventually...

And Mr. Irons, you sir get the Nostradamus of the year award!!

Gold is next for you, probably this weekend. Good luck! :D

Thank you for your motivating prediction!!! :yes:

So, another 6.5 hours at, did I already say it was my favorite, the beach on the big lake..

Hunted deeper today, wow, holy targets batman!! Almost chest deep, that is tough going, especially with 2ft rollers coming in with a slippery clay bottom. SHEESH!!!

Already picked up a bunch of clad and my first junker toe ring when I got this signal. It sounded like a fat pull tab ate a finishing nail. You guys know how the signal can change, well after the first scoop I listened again. Now it sounded like a fat roofing nail ate a tiny pull tab lol... I was just about to dump my scoop back to the water and move on, but I decided to dump it out on my body board instead. Rescanned the contents on the board, sounded like pure pull tab!! This was good! I started braking up the clay and in the second chunk was YELLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :run1:

My first gold from the water!! A 10K men's band at 1.8 grams! Yee haw!

Continued on and found another ring, a silver colored junker but another ring is cool anyway... Went on to find some more clad and part of a toy gun made out of lead.. Getting late I decided three rings, a bunch of clad, a pipe wrench, and more than enough stupid .22 rounds, was enough for the day.

Just as I turned to start hunting my way back to shore, I get another super clean 54 on the VDI.. I was thinking another pull tab.. First scoop and there it was :shock: my second gold :twisted::run1::crazy: This is nuts!! It was a small 14K woman's band 1.7 grams.. Time to go home!!

Ended up with another 4 ring day, a couple firsts and a second, 7 bullets, sinkers, broken toy gun, wrench, other stuff, and the usual junk...

Wow, can't believe I scored my first, and second, water gold in the same day!

Thanks for looking and best of luck to all!!

The good stuff...

IMG_3874_zpsc098f9be.jpg

IMG_3879_zps875106e3.jpg

IMG_3881_zpsc21118b6.jpg

Wrench and rest of the junk

IMG_3882_zps8c6e5315.jpg

<*)))>{

Thanks guys!!

I need help, but I don't wan't any, I can't stop this, I need more and more and more. LOL!!! I'm going crazy lol...

<*)))>{

GREAT JOB!!! I am glad you found some gold to keep you going! After months of hunting with no gold I have taken an official 3 week break. Maybe to never return! lol
Great job again!

Nice one, I mean 2 Ice. You're becoming THE motivational hunter for us new water hunters!!

Thanks a bunch brother!! I am a new water hunter too lol...

I am always most inspired by guys like Irons, and Scuba, because they are from this great state, makes it all seem more possible. I mean some of those guys overseas sure find a lot of killer loot, but they might as well be hunting on moon, not very motivating if you could never get to the moon lol.. Same with those east coast guys, land and water, man they kill it over there...

<*)))>{

GREAT JOB!!! I am glad you found some gold to keep you going! After months of hunting with no gold I have taken an official 3 week break. Maybe to never return! lol
Great job again!

Thanks!! After months of hunting with no gold, I would not be able to quit... My logic, although maybe flawed, would lend me to think, the gold has gotta be just around the corner, just takes one scoop!! :yes:

<*)))>{

Yep, gold in the scoop! Congrats on a double gold day! Check your temp. cause I think you got the 'fever' now. LOL No cure for it but more gold. : ) Good luck on future hunts.

Big congrats on the first water gold! I found lots of gold in the dirt before I started water hunting and it's a different feeling. The moment of seeing gold in the scoop is one that almost defies description. You worked hard for it so enjoy! HH!

Back
Top Bottom