Epic Hunt Pictures and Video.

AWESOME HUNTING!!! Congrats on all your rings! Nice gold ring to ! WTG!

Great finds! That's a great hunt for sure! Awesome finding the rings on video! I got excited myself when I saw you pull them up!

Hey, I've never been beach hunting because I dont live near a beach, but im just wondering how you're so good at finding stuff with the constant tide going in and out.

Also, how do the gold rings not get washed out to sea?

Hey, I've never been beach hunting because I dont live near a beach, but im just wondering how you're so good at finding stuff with the constant tide going in and out.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!
Ohiohunter, welcome to the forum. First of all, the beach is not always like this- you need certain conditions to uncover targets that are usually buried out of reach of metal detectors. I do think that coins and other targets do get washed out to sea but not far. But then, sometimes, the sea gives up her treasures and washes them back onto the shore. That is why people still find Spanish treasure on the beach even though the ships sank well away from the coast. As far as finding stuff in the surf, like anything else, it just takes a little practice and the right equipment. Thanks and HH!

I won't give the long answer to how to hunt beaches since you aren't near the ocean anyway (and Compass already gave some good info). The short and simplified answer is look for big storms and rough seas hitting your beaches. If everything comes together just right the ocean strips a lot of sand off the beach and uncovers lots of goodies buried too deep to be found normally. Chances are that if Compass wasn't out hunting that day and waited until today, just a couple days later, those rings would have already been buried too deep because the ocean is already replacing the sand it removed. Timing is everything.

Hey George, just finished watching the video, couldn't be happier for you buddy! Awesome job, I'm glad you caught the momentous occasion on video. Keep up the good work!

Pete, I can only assume that it is a ring. It is stamped .925 and has a hammered finish. I can't imagine what else it could be. At first I thought it was plated but it was only the silver shining through the black oxidation. It should look real nice when its cleaned up but one of the most unique rings I have ever found. HH!

It's a napkin ring, used on formal dining tables. I've found a couple at the beach in the past few years. Folks get married on the baech and set up a table or two for a reception. Wind blows, and it's your's later on.

It's a napkin ring, used on formal dining tables. I've found a couple at the beach in the past few years. Folks get married on the baech and set up a table or two for a reception. Wind blows, and it's your's later on.
I suppose it is possible but it is pretty small- it fits on my little finger. Here is another picture after I cleaned it up:
picture.php

Hey George, just finished watching the video, couldn't be happier for you buddy! Awesome job, I'm glad you caught the momentous occasion on video. Keep up the good work!
Thanks Steve, Even though I haven't used the Dual Field much since I got the Excal, if I had to pick only 1 detector to use that day it would have been the DF. There wasn't that much trash but there was some black sand that the DF cut through effortlessly.
About this time last year you were finding some old silver coins weren't you? What's happening out your way? HH!

I suppose it is possible but it is pretty small- it fits on my little finger. Here is another picture after I cleaned it up:
picture.php

that sure shined up some nice!!! i guess maybe just avoid showing it to anyone who has square fingers, they might try to claim it, haha! :lol:
regardless of whether it's for fingers or for napkins, it's still a great thing to find! (all your other stuff too, of course) :D

P.

Thanks Steve, Even though I haven't used the Dual Field much since I got the Excal, if I had to pick only 1 detector to use that day it would have been the DF. There wasn't that much trash but there was some black sand that the DF cut through effortlessly.
About this time last year you were finding some old silver coins weren't you? What's happening out your way? HH!

I'm happy that you are enjoying the DF and Excal II. Your experience with both is paying off now, it's a good sign that you're reading the beaches well and utilizing the proper machine at the right time. The last time I had a chance to hunt was for a few hours on New Year's Eve day. I have been swamped with seeing clients and haven't had much of a chance to do anything other than get to the gym when not working. I'm hoping to get to the beach in the next few weeks, I miss detecting big time!

Yesterday was another one of those memorable days that we all have once in a while. It was special for a number of reasons but I've listed a few:
- Wanted it to be good for my hunting buddy because it would be his last hunt for a while because of his upcoming surgery.
- I picked the right beach on the right day so I think I'm getting better at "reading" beaches and when to go.
- Found 6 rings- 3 with the Excal II and 3 with the Dual Field and discovered that I love both detectors.
- Got a video of actually finding a gold ring.
- Spent 12 hours at the beach digging targets all day and we never saw another person detecting.

Although I found the gold ring with the Excal, the Dual Field really shined yesterday. It worked great in the black sand areas, got some deep targets, and detected some really small items as well. The big coil has a wide search pattern that really made me feel confident that I was covering the area well.
picture.php

picture.php

HH!

You guys had a great day love the Excalibur ll Great video & finds

Great hunt, and a great job on the video. Maybe the square ring is a hair ornament, or maybe an inlay for a square cane. I thought it was a napkin holder at first but it seems too small.

Back
Top Bottom