• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

PinPointer Finds More Than the Detector Today

TrailChaser

I went to a new tot-lot I just found in a neighborhood nearbye using google earth. It was a flop for the first 30mins, and seemed a little too clean like alot of tot-lots around here. I still check over everything and then I checked around a bench and got a messed up signal due from the metal bench with a quarter signal mixed in.
I decided to see if I could find the quarter with the trusty pinpointer. I got a signal from the PP almost instantly and dug out a penny.. Then rechecked the hole with the PP and it was still signaling. Dug out a nickel. To make a long story short(er): I used the pinpointer under the whole bench by cutting a slot and working my way in from a small hole. Think laparoscopic surgery for the soil. I spent a good 30 mins on my hands and knees under that bench.
Not a huge find but a little over $2 in clad found using my cen-tech from one end of the bench to the other. The bench is metal so I could not really use the metal detector and I'm assuming whoever sweeps this park can't detect close to it either.
Other than the $2.00 I got something more valuable. New found knowledge of how to get into those places that might be holding lots of coins. That pinpointer worked great. I'll definitely be using it to check close to poles and under equipment at the playgrounds, and don't forget those benches.

I also found a dollar bill folded up on the grass. :cool:

I found about 2 pennies and a couple of can tabs before my encounter with the bench. It produced the rest of what you see:
2010-04-07232427.jpg

Nice, Congrats. The Pin Pointer is a life saver. lol

done that

I did that down in FL once and man lots of people were looking at me like I was kind of nut job...LOL found lots of stuff doing it

Great idea!! Thank you. I'm still sort of new to this pinpointer thing. Now let's see, I know about where 600 metal benches are, times $2..... Hey thanks alot!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom