A very unexspected knife a first. A gold looking bracelet

I was either in the 4H or some pre-cub scout group when I, and ever other member, got our first knives, under 10 years old. Not one of us "got hurt or worse" from the knives. I've given pre teen nephews knives and not one of them have ever been hurt from them. I guess we had better parents who took the time to teach respect and safe knife handling...

The wussification of this Country is shameful...

It's not the knife itself that I'd be worried about. It's more the kid showing it off to someone else and that causing issues.

It's not the knife itself that I'd be worried about. It's more the kid showing it off to someone else and that causing issues.

Maybe all little boys should be locked up in the house and only aloud to watch G rated TV and play video games????

Good parenting and safe knife handling is needed but of course they will show off and if they dont come home with cuts, bruises and sometimes needing stitches than maybe you're raising little girls - boys will be boys, its part of growing up

Maybe all little boys should be locked up in the house and only aloud to watch G rated TV and play video games????

Good parenting and safe knife handling is needed but of course they will show off and if they dont come home with cuts, bruises and sometimes needing stitches than maybe you're raising little girls - boys will be boys, its part of growing up

to each their own.

If I found such a knife I wouldn't be giving it to a kid, just like I wouldn't give a hitler youth pin to a child. It's simply asking for trouble.

You're missing the point..a child doesn't quite understand the meaning of discrimination..or hatred based on skin color..but an adult should and that's why that knife shouldn't be given to a child..unless that adult wants to propegate an ugly part of our history..

The point isn't about safe knife use.. I'm a single dad..a widower..My son has wanted to help out since he could walk..even in the kitchen..he's been using sharp knives since the age of 3..only got cut once so far and he's almost 7 now..he has his own toolbox and cordless drill..he understands now why daddy used to tell him to put tools back where you found them..but I doubt I've been able to get him to understand what discrimination is..

to each their own.

If I found such a knife I wouldn't be giving it to a kid, just like I wouldn't give a hitler youth pin to a child. It's simply asking for trouble.

You're missing the point..a child doesn't quite understand the meaning of discrimination..or hatred based on skin color..but an adult should and that's why that knife shouldn't be given to a child..unless that adult wants to propegate an ugly part of our history..

The point isn't about safe knife use.. I'm a single dad..a widower..My son has wanted to help out since he could walk..even in the kitchen..he's been using sharp knives since the age of 3..only got cut once so far and he's almost 7 now..he has his own toolbox and cordless drill..he understands now why daddy used to tell him to put tools back where you found them..but I doubt I've been able to get him to understand what discrimination is..

OMG!!!

How many times do I have to say "grind or sand the log off BEFORE giving it to a kid"!!!

I hope your parenting skills are better than your reading comprehension!! And its no wonder the next generation is so messed up

to each their own.

OMG!!!

How many times do I have to say "grind or sand the log off BEFORE giving it to a kid"!!!

I hope your parenting skills are better than your reading comprehension!! And its no wonder the next generation is so messed up

Well.. You wouldn't just wipe off the Blood and give your Daughter LIZZY BORDENS Axe.. now would ya :?: :?: :?:

Well.. You wouldn't just wipe off the Blood and give your Daughter LIZZY BORDENS Axe.. now would ya :?: :?: :?:

WOW!!

Good twist but two completely different things and if that needs to be explained to you than you have other issues to deal with. BUT how would the child know the history of the ax without you telling them? Its just an ax, there is no reason to fear inanimate objects....

Come to think of it I'll bet you're from one of the coastal states. A helicopter parent who never lets their kids out of the house without parental supervision, as you were raised....

WOW!!

Good twist but two completely different things and if that needs to be explained to you than you have other issues to deal with. BUT how would the child know the history of the ax without you telling them? Its just an ax, there is no reason to fear inanimate objects....

Come to think of it I'll bet you're from one of the coastal states. A helicopter parent who never lets their kids out of the house without parental supervision, as you were raised....

:laughing:

So I make an analogy of why not to give a kid a Scrubbed off knife and you go straight for the personal attack.. It's ok Grizz I have thick skin and it's all good.. you do what works for you as will I.

Attachments

• high strung.jpg
    high strung.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 67
OMG!!!

Better stop trying to think so hard grizz... your original post said nothing about grinding off the logo... I smell wood burning...or is it poo poo that I smell...?

Last edited:
Well stated Cat. If we don't acknowledge history, we will repeat history. The KKK is just one of those things we should never forget. And never repeat.

Good finds.

Why not give it to a kid?

Perhaps because he's a responsible adult that wouldn't want to get a kid hurt or worse.

I was either in the 4H or some pre-cub scout group when I, and ever other member, got our first knives, under 10 years old. Not one of us "got hurt or worse" from the knives. I've given pre teen nephews knives and not one of them have ever been hurt from them. I guess we had better parents who took the time to teach respect and safe knife handling...

The wussification of this Country is shameful...

I think you're missing something here. It's a KKK knife! Do you want your kid to have a KKK knife?

Absolutely not!! That is why I said to grind off the writing/logos before giving it to them

braclet looks like gold to me as far as the knife goes thats different for sure congrats on the yellow :D

2 pretty nice finds!!!! Congrats!

First I want to thank all of you for looking at the post and for commenting. I'm sorry it has taken a few days to respond and thank you but I have been out of state for a family funeral. Your attention to my post is appreciated but this is one I wish I have left untold. I'd really would like to put this one to bed as they say.
Thanks Friends
dd

Back
Top Bottom