• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

1900 S Barber in front yard

Ronald68

Went to 4khz on the Equinox 800. Went over a spot in my yard that I’ve been over more times than I can count. Got a little high blip around some other iron type signals. Decided to dig it and pulled out a 1900 S Barber dime. I was switching back and forth between multi and 4khz. This is my 3rd Barber dime off my property. I went to the F2 iron bias set at 4 also. Think I’m going to search my property again.

Attachments

• A920FF68-0B19-48BE-95AF-6C98F1253E8D.jpeg
    A920FF68-0B19-48BE-95AF-6C98F1253E8D.jpeg
    21.2 KB · Views: 435
Went to 4khz on the Equinox 800. Went over a spot in my yard that I’ve been over more times than I can count. Got a little high blip around some other iron type signals. Decided to dig it and pulled out a 1900 S Barber dime. I was switching back and forth between multi and 4khz. This is my 3rd Barber dime off my property. I went to the F2 iron bias set at 4 also. Think I’m going to search my property again.

Did you use multi or 5k over that target before you dug it? If so, was it a diggable signal?

Hi toysoldier, initially multi. Sounded scratchy and had iron sounds but a faint quick high tone would intermittently show up. Iffy at best.Switched to 4khz and it sounded sharp, more defined and solid. It was around 5” deep. Couple nails in the ground with it. Also dug a 1940 S Mercury dime today at fairgrounds. Same scenario for the most part. I dig a lot more deep trash with the 4khz. If I find an iffy target on multi I check it on 4khz. Do most coin searching with the Andy Sabisch coin shooting program.

Attachments

• D5E53151-9B57-489C-85D1-F61C9CA8D6FC.jpeg
    D5E53151-9B57-489C-85D1-F61C9CA8D6FC.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 435

Outstanding!

Don't let some of the forum members tell you not to hunt your own yard!

Yes, some actually do!.

Pound it!

Outstanding!

Don't let some of the forum members tell you not to hunt your own yard!

Yes, some actually do!.

Pound it!

Yea, I second that. My house was built in 1900, and prior to that there was a log cabin here in the 1870's that burned down. Lots of history, and with the history comes plenty of trash as well. My yard will probably never be "hunted out". Nothing wrong with hunting your own yard, along with everyone else's yard as well. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom