1940 Canada 1 Cent

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
Sunday lake shore hunt gave up no precious metals, but I did dig up a new oldest coin for me, a 1940 Canada Cent in nice shape.

Found a ton of bottle caps that for some reason (wet ground/rust) came in nice and loud - I've got the Compadré set at the "r" in "Iron" and sometimes it'll pickup bottle caps and less rarely not, interesting.

$3.75 in clad; 10 quarters, 8 dimes, 3 nickels, 30 cents.

Less lead, fishing lure, hot wheels, fake earring, master padlock and the miscellaneous miscellania like tabs and foils.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 136
I didn't take a pic of the clad for some odd reason, but here's the other stuff. Not pictured is a kids spiderman fishing pole/reel I think I can lube and line and it'll be good, and a mesh bag for mask/snorkel I think, I may use for finds possibly, not sure.

Happy hunting!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 130
If you are going to spend the penny make SURE you do it in the states. Canada did away with the penny this year making them worthless. I believe you have a king George though and not a newer one, which would be queen Elizabeth.

If you are going to spend the penny make SURE you do it in the states. Canada did away with the penny this year making them worthless. I believe you have a king George though and not a newer one, which would be queen Elizabeth.

Thanks SD. It's a George cent :)

Going to keep it.

Nice find. The ones from older than 1937 are a pain to dig they ring up as a zinc. Some Canadian pennies from the twentys can be worth a few bucks.

Back
Top Bottom