Mother load at the in laws...

43north

My in laws live in the country on some old farm land. Right next to the end of their driveway my father in law was mowing a couple of weeks ago and found what looks like an old European penny from the 20s that is about the size of an American half dollar.

We traveled this weekend to their place and brought the AT Gold with us. We recovered someones old coin collection because we found about 60 coins in about a 10 square foot area. All of them were only a few inches down, I have no idea how someone lost all these coins. Most of the coins were the same large pennies mentioned above ranging from the 1880s-1940s. Several other foreign older coins that I have not identified yet.

American coins included a 34 buffalo nickel, 41 Merc dime, and this beautiful 1921 Morgan. There was also a 1972 FFA National Convention so I am thinking it was maybe a kids collection but who knows. There are several other silver Canadian, Netherlands, and French coins in the group. I am going to get them home and clean them up and further identify what we found.

Attachments

• IMG_0473.JPG
    IMG_0473.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 485
Very nice finds! I would like to see a close up of the front and back of that Morgan if you get a chance to update this post. Congrats!

Hope this is good enough....

Attachments

• fr_48_size640.jpg
    fr_48_size640.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 428
  • fr_49_size640.jpg
    fr_49_size640.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 430
Back
Top Bottom