Waterproof connectors to switch out Excalibur coils?

beachdude

Elite Member
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I noticed someone selling a waterproof connector on ebay aimed at Excalibur users who might want to switch out their coils.

I like this idea, as I picture myself trying a bigger coiltek coil on my Excal someday, and then having the ability to go back to the stock coil when my arm gets tired...

I am usually shoulder deep in the water at most.

Are any of you guys using a connector like this to switch out your coils? Does it work?

been doing it for over a yr now thanks to OBN... Love it and yes it's waterproof.... I also run ctx connectors for my pinpoint and headphones

Attachments

• 20161209_092429.jpg
    20161209_092429.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 681
  • 20161209_092441.jpg
    20161209_092441.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 734
I have it on one of my Excals

But I like the SEF 12 x 15 so much I don't change it out.

I kind of don't have to change it out though, I got a problem with Excals.

ROBOTCOP 13

Attachments

• IMG_1421.JPG
    IMG_1421.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_1420.JPG
    IMG_1420.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_1417.JPG
    IMG_1417.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 654
  • IMG_1416.JPG
    IMG_1416.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 487
But I like the SEF 12 x 15 so much I don't change it out.

I kind of don't have to change it out though, I got a problem with Excals.

ROBOTCOP 13

You need Help Brother Robo!! Dag! Almost as bad as Earl and his scoops..

I recognize your head shot

I retired from the space center after 34 years.

ROBOTCOP13

been doing it for over a yr now thanks to OBN... Love it and yes it's waterproof.... I also run ctx connectors for my pinpoint and headphones

Looks Good Lowtide, I would keep some silicon grease on those two, HP's and PP plug.

[
I noticed someone selling a waterproof connector on ebay aimed at Excalibur users who might want to switch out their coils.

I like this idea, as I picture myself trying a bigger coiltek coil on my Excal someday, and then having the ability to go back to the stock coil when my arm gets tired...

I am usually shoulder deep in the water at most.

Are any of you guys using a connector like this to switch out your coils? Does it work?

Some one in VB, Thomas told me those worked fine inline. I'll check with him again to see how they are holding up...

I've been using the connector for this year after the original Coiltek connectors gave up the ghost. For $7 + 4 for S/H (going to $14 soon) I got one connector for the control box end and 3 connectors for 3 different coils...

Robo

:lol: Shouldn't you throw away the ML box to make room for another Excal :laughing: you have more Excalibur's than i have scoop's , i wish i had octopus arm's as i have a hard enough time swinging 1 detector at a time HOWBOUTIT :laughing:

That box

has a Excal II in it that I won in a Kellyco raffle at the Treasure Hunter's picnic in Wabasso, Fl in April 2016.

For some reason I never have taken it out of the box.

I got the box autographed by the Capitana salvage crew that recovered all those gold coins in July 2015. I witnessed that event---surreal day.

Thats cool

Scoundrel dives for them, one of the 4, and sent me up something special in the mail , it wasn't 8 escudo- gold but , it was nice , Earl

Yeah

I know scoundrel. Had to calm him down that day. Thought he was going to have a heart attack. He signed the box.

Back
Top Bottom