UPDATE: Huge Day - 110 silvers, Day Two - 29 silver

I'm lost. How did you get these? I'm not a coin collector but that is awesome! What do you mean by a "box"? Super cool score! Please enlighten me.

UPDATE - Huge Day (Part 2)

I finally finished the box...

Today I found more silver and a few old ones. Here's the breakdown, pics to follow. I also think I figured out why these rolls had so much silver...

1 - 1904 Newfoundland
1 - 1901 Barber ( w pit bull)
1 - 1908 Barber
1 - 1941D Walker
25 - Kens (1-90%, 24-40%)
1 - 1998S Kennedy

A total of 29 silvers today for a two day total of 139 silver coins.

So here's my theory... The Barbers, Walker, and Newfoundland were in a single roll but is was a new roll mixed with 1990's. The pit bull carving makes me think these coins were once in the hands of somebody that didn't care about the coins and traded them all in for face value.

I realized how unreal this was so thanks to all and happy hunting! And thanks for all the kind posts...

Here are the pics...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 264
I'm lost. How did you get these? I'm not a coin collector but that is awesome! What do you mean by a "box"? Super cool score! Please enlighten me.

I opened an account at a local bank because my credit union would not order me coins. I told them what I was doing and the day I opened my account they said they had almost two boxes worth and asked if I wanted to start with those. I said yes and that's it... Around $800 was the total.

Just blind dumb luck on my part.

Holy mackerel!!! :wow: :shock: Although it's not gold you definitely deserve this...:dingding:

I opened an account at a local bank because my credit union would not order me coins. I told them what I was doing and the day I opened my account they said they had almost two boxes worth and asked if I wanted to start with those. I said yes and that's it... Around $800 was the total.

Just blind dumb luck on my part.

So do you just ask your bank if they have old coins or old boxes of coins you can order? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just normally make deposits and get change for the week. Never heard of this. Thanks so much for answering!

W:shock:W! Major score! Did you get em all or are their more? Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom