Just joined the *kicked in the .....* club

Walrus350

Elite Member
Found this beauty in the surf only to be kicked in the....shin.
I knew from this forum, Cartier are highly faked. :no:
GL and HH

Attachments

• 20191025_153839.jpg
    20191025_153839.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,031
  • 20191025_153808.jpg
    20191025_153808.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 941
When you see that stamp engraved at an angle, you know it’s fake. Cartier expects perfection.

Here’s to hoping the next one is the real deal.

R5

I saw that video a few days ago and thought to myself - here we go again , another fake and he doesn't even know it...

Found maybe 30 fakes... 2 real. The fakes are pretty easy to tell even if they were brand new. Some even have glass where the screws are.

I still believe in Santa too.
Did you see where i get duped by this ring? :laughing:
Yeah..saw that one too... that was classic !
It did look real at first though...
Btw - how are you liking the 15" coil ? Any complaints ?

Yeah..saw that one too... that was classic !
It did look real at first though...
Btw - how are you liking the 15" coil ? Any complaints ?

I got it last year and I've only run the 11" 2 or 3 times, since. The 11" feels tiny especially when on a mile long beach. The extra weight will wear you out if you try to swing it like the 11". I run it with Stevesdetectorrods shaft and counterbalance.
It also runs well with a sling swing.
I love it.

I got it last year and I've only run the 11" 2 or 3 times, since. The 11" feels tiny especially when on a mile long beach. The extra weight will wear you out if you try to swing it like the 11". I run it with Stevesdetectorrods shaft and counterbalance.
It also runs well with a sling swing.
I love it.
Interesting because I have the EXACT same setup. I've gone back to the 11" though. After 4 hours I'm too tired with the 15. Last hunt was 6 hrs. I think even with his weights , it's not balanced enough. Coverage is great but pinpointing and putting that big coil in a hole is horrible. But I'm probably much older than you...haha....

Interesting because I have the EXACT same setup. I've gone back to the 11" though. After 4 hours I'm too tired with the 15. Last hunt was 6 hrs. I think even with his weights , it's not balanced enough. Coverage is great but pinpointing and putting that big coil in a hole is horrible. But I'm probably much older than you...haha....

I'm 42. But 3 hours is my limit, especially after a work day. No breaks, just swinging and digging.

Dang those fakies ...
Pulled a fake Cartier likewise bracelet once out of the water here in the Netherlands, hate it when it looks that good in the scoop sticking out of the sand, and turns up to be fake :(

Used

To the fake stuff here , alway's a big disapointment , after doing test's to find out it's Junk for real with no pay day sucks.:(

Dang those fakies ...
Pulled a fake Cartier likewise bracelet once out of the water here in the Netherlands, hate it when it looks that good in the scoop sticking out of the sand, and turns up to be fake :(

Yes! Especially at night! I had my doubts right away, especially after seeing posts like yours. Jackpot? More like Jack-not! LOL

Ya

Never know what ya got until ya test it , at least I am honest, when I 54lb magnet tested the chain , after getting it va Amazon - on the 31st I posted it, I never acid tested anything , because I never found much gold , the tester I had was bought in 2010 , I decided to just get a strong magnet , it failed , I'll keep tring , great to get out , the two 750 stamps had me fooled, but the weight had me scratching my head, along with that didn't sound wright when you drop it on a wood table . I Google for you the milky substance in the acid test , It's Gold over Sterling Silver , the prior , or 1st chain I found this year was gold over sterling , sells for 55 .00 , if the chain I just recently found was Gold Over sterling , it would have passed the magnet test because 925 does not attract to the magnet nor gold, since this chain attracted it's gold plated and other metals , 18k is more pure , this chain wasn't attracted much to the magnet, but enough for me to say it Failed , I am sure We will see more junk come up in the scoop ::laughing: Fools Gold won't go away anytime soon :lol: happy hunting , Earl

Last edited:
just wondering. do the people who buy fakes, do they do it on purpose to impress their friends on the cheap?

or are they not so bright and some sleaze bag sell them a fake and pocket the ill gotten profits?

just wondering. do the people who buy fakes, do they do it on purpose to impress their friends on the cheap?

or are they not so bright and some sleaze bag sell them a fake and pocket the ill gotten profits?
I'd say both scenarios. Many women buy fake Louis Vuitton purses because the real ones are over 10X as much as the cost of the fake. And you have sellers selling the fakes as real to the unsuspecting. What I find incredible on here is the 100+ year old rings that were being faked at that time. I believe it must've been much easier to get away with that back then.

It's been 20 years but, I have bought several Mexican Rolex watches in Mexico, mostly $20 obvious fakes,that wouldn't fool anyone over the age of ten, just because I'm rough on watches and might as well tear up a rolux as a timex. Cheap watches tend to last longer for me. the more it cost the quicker I break it. None of the sellers tried to pass them off as real and made sure I knew it wasn't I did buy a Rolex for over a hundred bucks that was a good enough copy to fool an expert for a minute or two. I don't remember what model but it was the small non gaudy one. It was a quality watch and worth a $100.
It was stolen buy a cop, one of a half dozen during a search, I don't know what one, and at the time I was too happy to not be in jail to say anything. I really hope he has been paying for a safety deposit box for years thinking this watch is going to be the down payment on his retirement boat.

I'm 42. But 3 hours is my limit, especially after a work day. No breaks, just swinging and digging.
I was wondering about the 15"... I'd probably be in the same boat but am looking forward to trying it. A few more pennies in the bank and it will be on order.

I'd say both scenarios. Many women buy fake Louis Vuitton purses because the real ones are over 10X as much as the cost of the fake. And you have sellers selling the fakes as real to the unsuspecting. What I find incredible on here is the 100+ year old rings that were being faked at that time. I believe it must've been much easier to get away with that back then.
Our local swip-swap and craigslist ads are deluged with imitation name-brand accessories. But honestly, some of the imitations look so good, I can't tell the difference.

Back
Top Bottom