$200-$300 detector? not Ace250

Smooth23

Elite Member
Looking for a good detector for between $200-300, maybe a tiny bit more.. This is for a complete newbie. I've already got an ace250 and they dont like it, plus its mine. I've heard good things about Vaquero's and Tesoros.. any input?

I enjoy my F2, have found it easy to use and have had some success with it (although location is still the critical factor). It should be comparable to the Ace 250.

Any other options? Honestly was looking for a seperate brand completely since i have an ace250, teknetics omega(same brand as f2 essentially), and an etrac

Even though you are looking for a different brand, the Ace350 is completely different. I went from the 250 to the 350 and it was night and day. Now I use the AT Pro and its even better...Just a suggestion...

Tesoro - lifetime warranty and lots of extra coils. If you still want to have some VDI the Deleon could work for you. I got mine used for $300.

Love my Siiver uMax,,,lots of different coils to play with later,,, LIFETIME warranty,,,that's forever,,,,,,,how much is THAT worth????

or get a bounty hunter IV they might not be bells and whistles but it goes about 8" deep depending on soil, fast recovery and an easy detector to use

This is for a complete newbie. I've already got an ace250 and they dont like it, plus its mine.

Ok, here you say it's for a newbie friend

Any other options? Honestly was looking for a seperate brand completely since i have an ace250, teknetics omega(same brand as f2 essentially), and an etrac

So why would you care if he has the same brand as you? Something doesn't add up

Ok, here you say it's for a newbie friend

So why would you care if he has the same brand as you? Something doesn't add up

Because the newbie friend is my older sister, and I will be able to use it about as much as I want. She is also able to use mine(besides the etrac) as much as she wants... She just wants one that is actually hers.

Any other options? Honestly was looking for a seperate brand completely...

Have you considered an Xterra? I had a 305 at the same time I had an Ace and loved the Minelab. Sorta regret selling it, but you can find used ones in great shape for $2-300. Has a lot of features at that price you won't find in other brands and it just works great. Lightweight, easy to learn, long battery life, big display, manual GB, coil frequency options (I preferred the 18.75 but most silver hunters like the LF), etc...

Have you considered an Xterra? I had a 305 at the same time I had an Ace and loved the Minelab. Sorta regret selling it, but you can find used ones in great shape for $2-300. Has a lot of features at that price you won't find in other brands and it just works great. Lightweight, easy to learn, long battery life, big display, manual GB, coil frequency options (I preferred the 18.75 but most silver hunters like the LF), etc...

Hmm that could be an option if found at the right price.

Back
Top Bottom