Relic: Fisher VS Minelab

13rannon

Elite Member
Alright, I decided to throw my Vision in the river and the only thing left to decide is to go with the Minelab E-Trac or the Fisher F75.

I am a hardcore relic hunter. I don't go for hunting parks and old ladies yards. I like getting dirty in the woods and haulin' bags full of rust out.

What would be the best choice for me? Don't say MXT cause I don't really want to look/waste time with white's again right now.

Thanks

I apologize I haven't been on the forum for a while. I just read up on the recent Minelab cluster mess. Looks like I'll buy a Fisher F75.

Mods you can delete this.

Thanks

Good choice on the fisher. But keep an eye to the tesoros, too. Very different from the whits. and your hunting style will have no need for a meter, I think.

Anyway, Good Luck & HH

Alright, I decided to throw my Vision in the river and the only thing left to decide is to go with the Minelab E-Trac or the Fisher F75.

I am a hardcore relic hunter. I don't go for hunting parks and old ladies yards. I like getting dirty in the woods and haulin' bags full of rust out.

What would be the best choice for me? Don't say MXT cause I don't really want to look/waste time with white's again right now.

Thanks

Interesting.What did you find wrong with the v3?As I said before Im not into Boing 737-500 cockpits so the Sovereign meets my needs.The Vaquero will give decent depth but expect to dig everything.Its useless in disc.If your loaded a Nexus is the answer but most of us arent.Minelab have tried to better the Sovereign with gimmicks but theyve just made other good machines and doubled the price.Your money not mine.

The f75's are sorely backordered right now. If you want to wait thats cool since they are great all around detectors.

With the F-75 start out low on sensitivity maybe 65 and about 15 on discrimination. Use 2-tones, no notch, default mode for process, and don't forget to ground balance (usually in the lower 60's).

Take it easy and don't try to overpower it.

I had one and hated it but then I'm old and grumpy. :p

Best to you.

It sounds like White's is going to help me out with my issue...but I've lost another hunting spot to development in the meantime. My main gripe is I feel like paying 1700.00 for a metal detector it should have been ready from the get go.

I feel like white's customer service via Todd Marshall is very friendly and helpful. I'm just kinda bummed that my detector needs fixed already.

What I found wrong is my vision kept having stuck tones. I use to just press the trigger and it would go away for a while. Now I press the trigger and it just sticks until I take the battery out. The vdi's go off like crazy the coil seems super super sensitive to the touch, but yet doesn't seem to go into the ground. My friend got a solid lead tone in the field we hunt. Pin Pointed it at 4 inches. I went over it with mine and nothing. We returned everything to factory settings turned it off and back on and still nothing ...we dug it up and it was a three ring mini ball. That was the last straw for me my confidence was totally shot and I felt like I have been wasting my time and money.

That's a pretty crappy feeling. I'm mad at myself for waiting so long to send it back and I'm mad about having to send it back so early after buying it.

Quality management sucks. What is the best manufacturer for, and what is the best service for, if I have a BRAND NEW machine right out of the box and it itsn't working in the manner you're expecting.

Reading the manual is one thing, but reading forums, reading about coil issues, reading about wrong delivered accessories and...and...and.

So...what is the best service for. Better do some investment into the quality management and quality assurance.

I'm still estimateing things will happen during the real field test. But before I've to solder some forgotten battery contacts...

I got a free replacement machine from white's ...I'll give it another shot.

Back
Top Bottom