Civil War Eagle & Box plate with leather boot soles & more found on shoreline buried in the sand!!!

813pujols

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414679130.078424.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Civil War Eagle & Box plate with leather boot soles & more found on shoreline...

Thx ! Just some shoreline along the Potomac River near D.C.

Civil War Eagle & Box plate with leather boot soles & more found on shoreline...

I dug a pretty good area and down fairly deep did not find any bones so I would say no to the soldier being buried there. Of course that's just my opinion I have some older Civil War hunting buddies that said it could've been in an equipment box and fell off of a boat it's really hard to tell for sure thanks for the comments

Those are some killer finds. I gotta say that seeing the leather and the boot makes the metal objects seem so much more personal.

Leather preserves well, especially if kept moist. Read up on the recovery of the SS Republic ... leather suitcase found at 8k feet deep was so well preserved that they were able to recover a sheet of paper with writing from in between the folded shirts inside.
Awesome finds ... and with two items at the same time a Civil War spill has got to be a bucket list find!!

Back
Top Bottom