18x15" SEF Butterfly Coil

13rannon

Elite Member
15x12sef.jpg
15x12sef.jpg
15x12sef.jpg
15x12sef.jpg

Should You Own an EXcelerator Searchcoil for your Metal Detector?
Searchcoils supplied with all metal detectors are coils that manufacturers feel give the best all-around results. However, both larger and smaller size searchcoils are necessary to get the best performance from your metal detector. Experts say "One coil does not do it all " Other sizes will produce additional "finds."

When should you require an Elliptical searchcoil?
Finally - The long awaited, all new EXcelerator Symmetric Electro-Magnetic Field (S.E.F.) searchcoils are now in stock!

Field testers have dubbed this new addition the "butterfly coil" due to its unusual shape and they've also reported that it goes deep! The new S.E.F. design is patent protected and has proven to be far superior to many other concentric, "DD" type searchcoils.

The new S.E.F., or butterfly, EXcelerator coil is designed to offer better, all-around performance when compared to other "DD" coils on the market today. Better ground balancing, more stable operation, more accurate pinpointing and increased target identification are all benefits of this coil.

Field tester Don Echols in Virginia reported finding "35 bullets on a site that produced only 8 in the same amount of time with a different coil." He states: "Several of the bullets were in the 4" to 5" depth range and gave a good sound as well as a good VDI reading" with his White's MXT detector. Don also noted 'The novice or rookie hunter may have a difficult time with this coil, but if they stick with it, I'm sure they can add to their collection."

Taking the coil out with his MXT to a different, more common soil location, Don reported: 'The coil was reaching down at least 10" for tiny bullets and easily getting the larger ones at a foot. The shallow targets sound and read good, but the deep items are inconclusive. To dig, or not to dig, is up to the user - I almost always dig and it pays off."

I've seen this on a couple different websites and have been thinking about getting this for a DFX. Before I do purchase one though I would like to know if anyone here has any opinions or experience with this or any butterfly coils.

Do they really out perform other coils or is it just a gimmick?

Thanks

Hi rannon, I wish I could say but I've not even held one of these coils. It almost looks like 2 elliptical coils overlapping each other. I have heard that the depth is very good but unless I'm missing something it looks to have the same characteristics of a DD coil. Ok I hope we get someone to chime in that has used one. HH

Hi,

13rannon=Brannon :p

Yeah, I'm hoping to get a quick reply hopefully soon because I'm going to place my orders tomorrow for the DFX.

Ya, if I get good comments on it. If I don't get any reply I'll probably just use the 12'' coil that comes with the DFX300. I was just wanting to know so I could combine shipping.

Mighty fine Brannon and I am just starting to work with the DFX but I got the E series with the 950 coil. It is definitely a different rig. Lots of parameters can be set and changed by the user. I really like the display. I think I will get the small coil for it. I believe your in Tenn. and I see where you would want depth to find those CW relics. Ok Brannon HH to you and I wish you well with your new machine.

I have the 15" X 12" SEF, and really like it on my SE. It's good for depth and stability, at least on the SE. The 18" X 15" would be great for areas with little trash.

I have the 15" X 12" SEF, and really like it on my SE. It's good for depth and stability, at least on the SE. The 18" X 15" would be great for areas with little trash.

I also have the 15x12 on both the SE and Sovereign, the sovereign one replaced a Wot 15" that i have now sold, they don't come off, having said that i mainly hunt the beaches

Back
Top Bottom