$1.00 face value in old coins tonite!

goes4ever

Elite Member
Tonite after work did a door knock got permission and dug exactly. $1.00 in old coins! EVERYTHING old was on the curb strip between sidewalk and the street, no goodies in the yard only clad. Got 5 wheats oldest is 1910. Two silver Rosie's, 1929 standing liberty, and 1942 walking liberty half dollar. Notice the rust stains on her, she was bedding down with some nails :laughing:
I'd say that was a well spent two hour hunt!

Attachments

• 4-21 dirty.jpg
    4-21 dirty.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 967
  • 4-21-14.jpg
    4-21-14.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 964
  • 4-21 silver.jpg
    4-21 silver.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 972
  • 4-21 silver back.jpg
    4-21 silver back.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 964
God I love curb strips. Nice haul. Everyone forgets the curb strip, I don't know why.

Nice job, I've never found a thing hunting curb strips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do curb strips with rounded curbs, and or curbs with a real coarse concrete. The more coarse the older. Swing laterally over curb and grass. You will pick up the coins right up against the curb better.

Do curb strips with rounded curbs, and or curbs with a real coarse concrete. The more coarse the older. Swing laterally over curb and grass. You will pick up the coins right up against the curb better.

Around here, the oldest curbs are individual blocks of smooth sandstone..:yes:

<*)))>{

Around here, the oldest curbs are individual blocks of smooth sandstone..:yes:

<*)))>{
same here, we call it cut stone curbs

I have found tons of silver and old coins in curb strips. Its always first place I hit when I detect a house in town. People park and walk across it EVERYDAY!

Back
Top Bottom