• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Cordless or corded headphones

dpjacobs81

Just curious. I recently purchased a Teknetics T2+ and I’m wondering what would be a better option. Corded or Bluetooth headphones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corded phones have always annoyed me! I always get tangled. Then again, I never owned a quality pair of corded phones.

I don't mind corded. I used my cordless once with my Equinox .I might use them again it's a bit of work for me to pair them.

I like to use wireless, but I use my own transmitter and BT headphones, and I dont always have time to charge them. So I have a pair of skullies with a 1/4" adapter I've been using and love them! My only gripe is they get pulled right out of my ears from time to time, especially in the woods... Good luck and happy hunting!

I like to use wireless, but I use my own transmitter and BT headphones, and I dont always have time to charge them. So I have a pair of skullies with a 1/4" adapter I've been using and love them! My only gripe is they get pulled right out of my ears from time to time, especially in the woods... Good luck and happy hunting!

What transmitter and headset do you use? How’s the latency?

What transmitter and headset do you use? How’s the latency?

I use a taotronics 5.0 Bluetooth transmitter/receiver and have multiple sets of headphones. Each work different for each machine, so it's really trial and error. But there are posts on here with transmitter and headset set ups ready to go, no latency. Just gotta look in the detector accessories sub forum. I really have been using the wired skullie ear buds recently, and again really like them. Good luck and happy hunting!

I don't mind corded. I used my cordless once with my Equinox .I might use them again it's a bit of work for me to pair them.

I was having an issue pairing mine too but I found a trick....

Ok, first: Turn on your Nox and turn on the "headphone synch" on the Nox. Once it is on, turn off the Nox.

Now, get a hold of your Nox headphones. Locate the center "On" button but do not push it yet.

Turn on the Nox again. Once you hear it beep, PUSH and HOLD the center "On" button to your headphones. You should now hear the headphones synch and you can let go of the "On" button.

From this point on, every time you turn on the Nox, as soon as you hear that first beep, push and hold the on button of your headphones and it should synch right up.

cordless headphones necessarily have latency...a "lag" between when the item is detected and the sound is transmitted to the headphones. Of course, corded headphones also have a lag, but it's not noticeable by humans. If you use standard bluetooth, it could impact pinpointing, but low latency bluetooth should help with that

Cordless are so nice.
So convenient
For me anyway.
But. My only experience with cordless is with my V3i and once they were initialized at the beginning you just hit the headphone on button after turning on the detector and they just work. Every time.
I've purchased a used Nox 800 that I'll be getting early this next week and after reading several threads about headphone issues I'm a little apprehensive.
I'm sure I'll figure it out but I start out hunting in the early morning when it's still dark often and easy is good.
I do have a set of Grey Ghost wired phones so I do have a fall back.
Cordless is awesome though!

I agree, cordless is awesome. The trick with the nox is to use APTX compatible headphones or earbuds. I never have an issue with pairing using the APTX earbuds. I turn on the headphones and then the nox and they are immediately paired.

I guess I need to clarify... I own a Teknetics T2+. Not sure why everyone is assuming I own a nox.

cordless headphones necessarily have latency...a "lag" between when the item is detected and the sound is transmitted to the headphones. Of course, corded headphones also have a lag, but it's not noticeable by humans. If you use standard bluetooth, it could impact pinpointing, but low latency bluetooth should help with that
The Garrett MS-3 wireless headphones have 17/millionths of a second lag time which means virtually no lag time that a human can notice. Detecting AND pinpointing is dead on.

I've had difficulty pairing to my detector ( Nox600) also . One pair I tried with no luck . The second pair was successful but after 2hrs. it kept shutting down .I had fully charged both pairs .Luckily I carried a corded spare . I will use the corded for awhile before I tackle the cordless again .
I really liked the freedom to maneuver with the cordless .

Back
Top Bottom