Nox 600 vs MXT AllPro

PrussianBleu

I've been hunting my locality with a Nox 600 which I had purchased as an upgrade from a Garrett ACE350. The Nox is indeed a fine machine as many, many will attest.

I do need more time to master it though, I've been frustrated before by deep, bouncy, good signals and deep, good signals that only hit in one direction, etc. It seems like the amount of "diggable" deep signals I get is pretty low. I'll learn its "language" but I need more time. I really wish there was a better way to differentiate between nickles and poptabs though..

I recently purchased a used Whites MXT AllPro with the 11" and 13" as an alternate machine and was interested to experience the differences in the machines. I've heard from some of the super-seasoned detectorists that the AllPro is a beast and will outhunt almost anything if used properly.

I'd like to hear some opinions from the community on how these two stack up.

I used the MXT series since they came out up to about 4 years ago. In it's day the MXT was amazing. Today its still good. But I don't feel it can keep up with a nox 600 or 800. The box just has so much more to offer.

Mxt is nothing to sneeze at. I have had 4 of them. I think they are the best machine whites has ever made. I had the eq 600 as well. It is a good little unit but I kind of lean The equinox to being just an over all good coin hunting machine. It is very light weight compared to the mxt. All in all I would think the mxt would be more of a relic hunter where as being a multi freq waterproof machine the equinox would be better suited to coin and jewelry hunting. But keep on playing with that mxt as you may find you prefer the faster response to it compared to the slower equinox.

You can also run single freqs on the nox.
Calibash RELIC hunts with the NOX and does quite well with his friends down there.
Being I pick up very small targets with it can adjust recovery and use Multi or single freqs I can't see why the NOX wouldn't RELIC hunt well?

You can relic hunt all you want with the equinox 600....but from my own experience it lacks performance in heavy iron and false a lot on iron halo. This is from what I experienced. If it works for others that's fine. But my finds ratio dropped off a lot while I was using my own equinox.

I would prefer the MXT with a DD coil in a relic hunting situation and the equinox for coin shooting. I do not have either machine anymore but used the two mentioned in this thread several times.

Last edited:
You can also run single freqs on the nox.
Calibash RELIC hunts with the NOX and does quite well with his friends down there.
Being I pick up very small targets with it can adjust recovery and use Multi or single freqs I can't see why the NOX wouldn't RELIC hunt well?

My experience in personal testing and running the equinox in single frequency was not good at all..I'm not sure why they would incorporate single frequency in a multi frequency machine? But no doubt in my soil many machines will outgun the equinox if it's run in any single frequency
As for relic hunting, any machine can relic hunt.Never understood the philosophy behind why a relic machine has to be the best in iron UNLESS you hunt only nail ridden cellar holes..Anywhere else most machines are similar matched in a dig it all scenario

I guess that is why Minelab recommends MULTI in the manual lol.

My experience in personal testing and running the equinox in single frequency was not good at all..I'm not sure why they would incorporate single frequency in a multi frequency machine? But no doubt in my soil many machines will outgun the equinox if it's run in any single frequency
As for relic hunting, any machine can relic hunt.Never understood the philosophy behind why a relic machine has to be the best in iron UNLESS you hunt only nail ridden cellar holes..Anywhere else most machines are similar matched in a dig it all scenario

Thanks to all who have chimed-in thus far!

Swung in the back yard with the AllPro this afternoon and it a beast...weight-wise! It will take a minute to get used to but it pushes all of its weight into your fingers and is a might uncomfortable for now. BUT, I will say that it is nicely balanced. The AllPro is very simple to use, twiddle the dials and go. It's giving me a nice copper penny signal on something in the backyard that the Nox says is a solid "8", so we will investigate what that is and report back later...

Back
Top Bottom