TDI VS E-Trac

13rannon

Elite Member
Looking for senior experienced detectors to chime in and give me the lo-down on these two sticks going head to head.

Mainly looking for depth and performance in high mineral enviroments. (TN Soil)

....check on KellyCo. They have a new option that lets one compare 3 different machines side by side as far as features. Good luck in your choice.:roll:

White's just went into full rate production of the TDI last month. There may not be many users here who can rack-and-stack the two side-by-side.

would be very hard to compare those 2 machines since they are so different. i would imagine the TDI has alot better depth then the minelab since the TDI is a PI machine. be like comparing rocks and marshmallows. id love to have a TDI..would like to try the etrac as well.

For the best performance on bad ground you need the GS 5 which has the edge over the Whites T.D.I.
If its low or even medium mineralisation you would do better with a single frequency machine. I used a Tejon with the 12x10 inch widescan coil which could find everything the pulse machines did but easier.

The E-Trac doesn't seem to have any extra depth over the Explorers except for the XS (assuming all fitted with the same coil). If its deep in your area it would be worth considering. If your in an area where multi-frequency doesn't give an edge then I would use a good single frequency for the faster recovery speed.

Normal P.I. performance rules don't apply when you use ground balance to provide a degree of discrimination.

Two completely different detectors. The TDI is a Pulse that has a disc capability but basically ignores any minerals in the ground. I was just certified from Whites. The E-Trad is a detector that will prove out in the near future once more programming is available to the user.

Back
Top Bottom