A V Nickel, A Chuck E. Cheese Token, & a Worried Homeowner!

Patton

Forum Supporter
Ok, so let me answer the question on everyone's minds. No, we did not find a half cent. But, as my pal silversmith pointed out. His buddy found one in Ks, so you never know! Interesting day. Let me recap if I may. Found my first V Nickel! Found my first Chuck E. Cheese Token! Headset went zzzzz and she was gone. Pulltabs battery went dead and he had to quit early. (rechargable) But by far the most interesting thing that happened to us was this. As I was bent over a hole digging my upteenth Penny, a shadow loomed over me. Looking up at this individual I could tell something was wrong. He was visibly upset. "Do you guys Metal Detect, he asked?' Oh, the answers that ran thru my head.:lol: But, I was nice and said, you bet. So he begins to tell me this story about how he does not trust the banks, and has bags of buried Silver everywhere in his yard. Apparently, he has lost one and would like us to find it. "I'll give you $10 to come find it" he says. Thanks, thats not necessary I replied. So, after we finished in our park we headed over. Now, at the park he told me it was buried about 6 months ago. When David asks him how long its been, he replies 3 or 4 years. Red flags begin popping up in my head.:roll: Anyway, we search and search and come up with.......nothing. So as we are leaving he says," Hmmmm, I think I hid it somewhere in the house, not the yard." Told us he had 15 bags of Silver coins scattered everywhere. And has already lost one bag from a move. Sigh. Just another adventure in our MD world. You just never know what your gonna run in to.:yes:

Attachments

• 100_0312.jpg
    100_0312.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 515
  • 100_0315.jpg
    100_0315.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 491
Nice I got 2x Chucky Cheese tokens yesterday! One day they may be worth a lot! LOL

Always something interesting! He told us that he buried the bag about a foot deep too. Then he thought he buried it under a trash can. Then he thought maybe under the brick work on his yard. Nice old guy but he's gotta quit burying his loot.

Yeah I bet he's expecting you to just randomly dig up something nice like that and he'll claim it. I can smell a scam a mile away. Nice V though. Doesn't even look like it came from the earth. Doesn't surprise me since you have heaven soil.

That's a great V. Mine are always brownish in color. Wish I was there to hunt today with both of you and find a good burger spot.

That's a great V. Mine are always brownish in color. Wish I was there to hunt today with both of you and find a good burger spot.

Hey, Brother! Us to, except you would have probably beat me to the coin with that E-Track! :lol: We ate at a new place where the owner recommended his famous Cheeseburgers. Yummy!

Congrats on the V nickel...don't find those every day! In fact, The King is still waiting to find His first! :lol::lol:

You should have been sly and asked the fellow, just where did you move from? If he lost that bag during the move, and his memory is so bad he can't remember where it is, he just might have buried it in the yard at his previous residence! :lol::lol: Then you could go hunt that yard!

Nice V nickel !!! I have only found 1 and that was in a relatives front yard. Yours looks like its in better shape. Mine is also that brown color !!!

I like the disc golf tag. That's what the pdga (professional disc golf association) gives you when you renew your membership every year. I have some, disc golf is my 2nd hobby!

Also you are lucky that v nickel is in such good condition. Ours here turn red as do buffalo nickels. The only way one could look like that here is a recent drop.

Congrats on the V nickel...don't find those every day! In fact, The King is still waiting to find His first! :lol::lol:

You should have been sly and asked the fellow, just where did you move from? If he lost that bag during the move, and his memory is so bad he can't remember where it is, he just might have buried it in the yard at his previous residence! :lol::lol: Then you could go hunt that yard!

:lol::lol:

I like the disc golf tag. That's what the pdga (professional disc golf association) gives you when you renew your membership every year. I have some, disc golf is my 2nd hobby!

Also you are lucky that v nickel is in such good condition. Ours here turn red as do buffalo nickels. The only way one could look like that here is a recent drop.

Did not know that about the golf tag. First time I had seen one of those. Thanks for the info.:grin:

Back
Top Bottom