F5 Additional Coils?

Proflemoi

Does anyone know if Fisher has come out with additional coil options for the F5... I am hunting around but can't find much.

P

Kellyco has the 5" but the 11" will not ship from Fisher until late May or early June:(

I should have my 5" next week. I will post my experience with it.

Bud,

Thanks for your post... how do you like your F5? I'd be interested in hearing about how it performs.... and some of the finds you have had.

A 5" is good... just what I was hoping for, something small to search in tight and/or trashy areas. The Fisher comes with a 10" ... I wonder why they choose an 11" as their next offering... can't imagine it will give all that much more depth... do you know if it a round coil or elliptical?

Bud,

Thanks for your post... how do you like your F5? I'd be interested in hearing about how it performs.... and some of the finds you have had.

A 5" is good... just what I was hoping for, something small to search in tight and/or trashy areas. The Fisher comes with a 10" ... I wonder why they choose an 11" as their next offering... can't imagine it will give all that much more depth... do you know if it a round coil or elliptical?
The F5 as you know is a very lite and powerful detector. I havn't got to use mine much but I can tell you this. I found a dime laying flat in the hole at 8", solid tone with the stock coil. People can say what they will I don't care, but it happened. Thinking about the 5"DD coil for it soon.

I just received an email back from Fisher and they informed me they have the following coils in addition to the stock coil.

The F5 unit comes standard with the 10" coil.
We also have the 8" coil for $119.00
The 5" DD coil for $159.00
The 11"DD coil for $199.00

Can't seem to find the 11" or the 8" on Kellyco.... but I have found the 5" DD. I think the 5" will be my next investment.

Prof

I have become as proficient as I can with my F4. The F5 will be my next machine. Good luck and post what you find. If you can post some tips as well. Thanks. HH

I just got an email back from Fisher on teh F5 and questioning them on the use of "rechargeable" batteries... the instruction manual says to only use Alkaline ...

Here is the quote the sales rep sent to the engineer:

"A customer is requesting to use 9 volt rechargeable batteries on an F-5 unit. Can you assist with his question."

ANSWER:

It will probably work just fine.
--Dave J.

I figured I would buy into a high capacity 9v recharger so that I would not spend an arm and a leg on batteries... seems the NiMH batteries will work just fine.

Anyone had any experience with this?

Prof

I suspected they would be I just wanted to be sure since the manual was very clear on this point. I figure the rechargeable batteries will save lots of money in the long run :)

Digger51.. I did start a new thread after receiving my F5... initial out of the box impressions.... It was raining today so I really did not get a chance to try the F5 out... so I messed with it in the house and such.... so far so good.

I like the weight, love the display, nice little coil, easy to swing. More will be coming and I suspect I will do a nice comprehensive video with my son (in the distant future) ...

Back
Top Bottom