waterproof compadre

That is sweet!
Wish the wife would let me buy it, it looks perfect.

Add up the costs and add a little in for labor.
Probably won't make a killing or make what you should, expertise and labor should pay more than it usually does, but don't lose money on the thing.
Somebody out there will see the true value.

Never saw that thread! I was just starting to look for a 5.75 for my son and was planing on doing the same thing. With the knobs inside the box I figured it would keep him from bumping them. Great work! You should add the multi disc mod with another switch to pick between your two disc settings.

The down side to selling yours is that most guys are clueless when it comes to pots, soldering, etc. and now that it's modded I don't think Tesoro will touch it. When I do one I plan on it being a part of the family! If I had to guess you would have to keep the price about the same as a normal used one. I truly do know the work you have into it and adding the phones but that also dropped a lot of potential customers that would buy it. Just pick a price, list it and see what happens. If you don't get what it's worth to you then don't sell it.

Ive done the multi disc mod, and interchangable coils. Didnt like either. Its a pretty good machine with current setup. I think I will have to find the cash for a beach machine some other way.

Ive done the multi disc mod, and interchangable coils. Didnt like either. Its a pretty good machine with current setup. I think I will have to find the cash for a beach machine some other way.

What about the multi disc mod and interchangeable coils didn't you like? Just curious because maybe I won't bother with it.

I didnt find the multi disk to be useful. I dont really operate that way. However I had it on when this was a land machine. now that it is waterproof I think it would be more handy because I cant get into the box when wet but can when dry. If I had 3 disc switches it could be set up like a notch. One set just above iron like I normally run one just below pull tab and one just above. I might have to try that. As far as coils go, I found that I liked the compadre with the stock coil. It performs well. I couldent run the dd coils from my outlaw, they just didnt perform well. The 8" was ok, but I figured it would be too hard to put a waterproof connector on. The Compadre runs 12khz and the umax runs 10.8 so the coils are tuned different I think.

Thanks for the info. I see you have both the 7" and 5.75" models. What would you recommend me get for my son. He's only 5 so I don't want him hitting the deep stuff so I plan on doing the sensitivity mod so I can dial back the md.

YOu cant get the 7" any more. Of the 2 I have I dont see much difference. I use the 7 more because the 5.75 is converted to a water machine. For a 5 year old I think the 5.75 would be better. The lighter you can get it the better. You can also take the center shaft section out and plug the lower rod into the upper section. Its not adjustable but worked for my son. I havent tried the 8" compadre but if its like the 5.75 and 7 then it should be great. I dont think you need to do the sens mod. The Compadre doesnt go all that deep any way. The way I see it if you have to dig more than 4"-5" its big trash.

I just picked up the Pots for the 3 disc mod. I just need a 3 position on switch. They are not so common. Hope you enjoy your compadre. Its the first detector I got and I still have it.

Back
Top Bottom