Lower Priced Pinpointers

Greenman

Anybody have any suggestions about a good but low priced pinpointer? Just lost on Ebay for a AutoMax V2 with 2 coils for my detector and it went cheap. Just looking for some ideas. I might post a wanted ad eventually. Right now I don't really want to spend alot of money on just a pinpointer.

They look like pretty good detectors. Which do you think would be better. The "Deluxe" or "Ultra-Deluxe"? They seem like a good deal. I really like the 25 month warranty. I wouldn't think there would be to much difference between them with only $5 difference.:?: Any other suggestions guys. I haven't ever had any experience with a pinpointer.

Any other opinions about the Tiny Tec. They sound like a good product. Just looking for other opinions about them. I think that is probably what I will go with when I get one.
I met a local MD'er couple days ago and he uses a Vibraprobe 560. I got to look at it and I really like how they are made. He only had good things to say about that and his MXT. I don't really want to spend $100 right now on a Vibraprobe right now if I can get a good one for around $40. I might upgrade to a Vibraprobe someday. I would also like to upgrade to a DFX or MXT someday also but that may be a ways off.:lol:

The vibra probe is water proof. The tiny tech is not water proof.

The tiny tech is not so tiny either, but it will fit into (and fill) your back pocket. The vibra probe is smaller.

The tiny tech has a light which comes on with the push of a button. The vibra probe don't light-up. And I can't remember ever using the light on mine - I have a hard-time finding muddy coins in the sun. I pinpoint the coin with the probe, but I still often need to feel around for the coin.

The tiny tech (and I think this is true of the vibra probe too) can be left on all the time. When the probe is pointing up, it goes into a power-saver mode of sorts. When you point it downward, it's on and ready to pinpoint.

Back
Top Bottom