time capsule question

patrickpatterson

hello all!!

i am wondering if anyone here can help me. i just turned 30 years old last august and it's time to do something i planned for 20 years ago.
my best friend and i buried a time capsule in a ritz cracker tin in 1987 next to a pond that i used to live by. it's been 20 years and it's time to dig it up. i know next to nothing about metal detecting and i need information that would make it possible to find. i know roughly where we buried it (within 50 feet) and I'm relatively sure we didn't bury it more than two feet down. probably more like 12 to 16 inches. if possible, can anyone guess what the condition of this cracker tin would be after 20 years in the mud? maybe it's totally gone, but i still would like to know what i would need to look for it. this is a serious heartfelt request and i deeply appreciate any input you can give me.
sincerely,

patrick patterson

The contents may have water damage due to condensation and rain but the tin should still be there. A good modern detector should be able to easily pick up that big tin at that depth, assuming it is a big tin the size of a whole cracker box. I am sure a local club would be glad to dig it for you if permission is granted by land owner. Where do you reside? Maybe someone here will dig it for you...

Thank-you!!

I live in jupiter, florida. It's about 25 miles north of westpalm beach on the east coast of florida. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and welcomed!

Thanks so much!

patrick

Back
Top Bottom