Rare Earth Magnets

Morris Williams

I have recently discovered rare earth magnets and they are great for locating nails and other iron objects you have a hard time seeing. A magnet will save a lot of time. These little magnets, about the half the size of a sharpie top, will pick up to 10 to 50 pounds, depending on the size you get! I stick one on my little eagle shovel and it is always within reach. They are cheap. Just go to google and type in rare earth magnets.

moose

Cheaper still

Rare earth magnets are used in hard drives of computers. If you know a tech computer person they can get you all the rare earth mags you want, for free. Just don't stick two together, you'll never get them apart! :lol:

I have a pretty large one (2.5'' in diameter) that I have mounted on the end of a dowel. I used it to pick up all of the nails in my yards. I got it too close to my TV once and it took days for the colors to return to normal. I though I would use them when detecting, but since I always discriminate out iron, I never found the need.

Also be careful if you have two because they can pinch your skin something awful.

Back
Top Bottom