Garrett GTI 2500 question

RolieB

I'm starting to get used to my new GTI 2500 but the one thing I have not messed with yet is, changing frequencies. Can anyone tell me what I can gain/lose by playing with frequency changes and what frequency you run your 2500 in?
Thanks.....Roland

Changing the freq only helps when you are hearing chatter... like from another detector.

Pretty much a turn on and go Detector. these are the 2 settings i usually used...

Relic mode
search with image
turn down the thres.. doesnt help in disc mode
bell tone and bi-level on

Hardcore mode :)
0 disc mode.. alot of iron.. notch out the first 2
bi-level on
Jump over to all metal and fast grab.. then switch back over to 0 disc mode to hunt. Oh and make sure auto track is turned off.. it'll keep changing your ground balance if yuo dont. use fast grab every 20 feet or so.. more so if your ground is funky:)

HEH forgot.. turn off the lady voice, could set it on menu :)

The manual says that the freq changes are to help solve interference issues as stated above. The detector only has one actual freq: 7.2kHz.

Changing the freq only helps when you are hearing chatter... like from another detector.

Pretty much a turn on and go Detector. these are the 2 settings i usually used...

Relic mode
search with image
turn down the thres.. doesnt help in disc mode
bell tone and bi-level

HEH forgot.. turn off the lady voice, could set it on menu :)

Mega thats pretty much how I use my GTI 2500. Only exception being the voice. The new machines no longer have it.

On a side note I noticed that when I changed headphones ( to a better pair ) I had to radically change the thresh.

Back
Top Bottom