Neu hier.

Willkommen von West Australien! Ich bin nach Australien gezogen (von München wo ich geboren worde) wie ich nur ein paar Monate alt war. Also bin ich hier, in Australien, aufgewachsen und meine Mutter hat mir das Deutsch beigebracht. Mein Vater kommt aber von Österreich, und zwar von Mondsee. Viel Glück! :)

Translation for non-german speakers: Welcome from Western Australia! I moved to Australia (from Munich where I was born) when I was only a few months old. So I grew up here, in Australia, where my mum taught me the German language. My father comes from Austria, namely from Mondsee. Good luck! :)

Hello sandgroper,
your German is first class.
Mondsee and Munich are beautiful places.
But I also think of Australia very beautiful. The gold search with Metaldedektor is very exciting I think. So I wish
Good find
nero

.... Also, it is not easy with our laws because they are not very clear....

Uhhh, when you say "not very clear", I assume you mean you're not finding verbiage that explicitly specifically says "no metal detecting". Ok, fine. Why can't "silence on the subject" mean "not prohibited" ?

I mean, are you looking for express ALLOWANCE ? Such that, unless you found wording that says "Yes metal detecting is allowed here", that, therefore "it's not clear" ?

And if you're referring to ANCILLARY language that *might* apply (eg.: cultural heritage, lost & found laws, harvest and remove laws, dig and deface laws, etc...), then I got news for you: Anywhere in the world you go, you will ALWAYS find some wording that ..... if you stood on one foot and squinted hard, and asked enough archies, you might as well choose another hobby.

Hello TOM_in_CA

Hello TOM_in_CA,
sorry for the late reply.

In Austria, search is allowed, digging in non-moving ground but is not allowed. At Denkmähler, castles, palaces and excavations, it is also not allowed.
On fields it is allowed. Old finds must be reported to archeology. Before the search the permission of the owner of the reason must be brought.

Good find

nero

Nero, can you explain what non-moving ground is? Does that mean plowed farm lands are allowed to search, but not grassy areas (lawns... is that Rasen?). Thanks!

Graz is inside the borders of the Roman empire, correct? I remember seeing earthworks, remains of walls and more, in farm fields, when I was there. Exciting possibilities for you!

(Denkmahler are monuments)

.... Old finds must be reported to archeology....

Oh gee, the honor system ? How good is your math ? And be aware that "old" in a country like that could be 1000 yr. or more. If it's anything like hunting in the UK: They consider coins from the 1600 & 1700 to be modern nuisances. Hence, heck, I never find "old coins", do you ? :laughing:

I might get flamed for this, but I won't be happy with myself if I don't say something.

I don't care for the implications of that post.

That's all you'll hear from me on the matter.

Happy hunting, Nero!

I might get flamed for this, but I won't be happy with myself if I don't say something.

I don't care for the implications of that post.

That's all you'll hear from me on the matter.

Happy hunting, Nero!

You should be getting flamed very much bigly for keeping a baby African Spurred Tortoise as a pet, feeding him store bought Chilean Rasberries, and encouraging the Global Wildlife Baby Turtle smuggling trade by making him your avatar...So yeah...I care a whole lot more about turtles than some Germans Penny pickers Honor system.!:laughing::laughing:

Attachments

• turtle-2.jpg
    turtle-2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 39
  • turtle-3.jpg
    turtle-3.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 42
  • turtle-4.jpg
    turtle-4.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 39
Wow, you know a lot about tortoises! I got as far as "the turtle is the greenish one, on the right!"

..Turtles, Tortoises, Toads, Salamanders, Frogs and Snakes have had a really rough go in the past 30yrs...they simply couldnt adapt quick enough to overcome the dangers of Man..Monsanto and the Eisenhower Highway system primarily...

Used to be, a kid could go out and catch a bucketful of frogs in about 20 minutes...out of any old drainage...Nowadays? I dare anybody to even try!

The great big wonderful Tiger Salamanders of upper MN?..sheesh! Anybody caught one lately?...I chose the Mudpuppy/Snot Otter as my avatar...Seldom seen, endangered, pretty much extinct.....

Back
Top Bottom