Ace 250

Yes it is a good coin hunting detector. I enjoyed mine ,... well after getting used to its quirks. In my opinion though a detector with numerical target ID like the fisher f2 would be better and more accurate. I havent used the f2 but I have the numerical display on my AT pro and see that it is superior to the icon readout on the ace. Good targets sometimes read somewhere in between close icons on the ace or they dont quite match what they should , but if they had a numerical designation you could more accurately identify them , its a little hard to explain.

Plenty started with the 250 and found a ton.
Many still use it as their prime or keep it around as a backup.
The F2 and the Euro Tek Pro and I think some of the new line of Bounty Hunters all have VDI numbers on the screen and not just those segment icons, however.
The more info we get the better digging decisions we can make and those VDI numbers can be very helpful.
All are metal detectors...all find metal, and people do with every kind.

I believe the 2 or 3 coil packages that are offered with the F2 are still some of the best values around.
Do your homework on features, benefits/price, pick one and go swinging.

I bought a used ACE 250 some years ago and found plenty of good relics and coins.After buying a Tesoro Cibola,I keep using my ACE as often as the Tesoro.
Amazing machine the ACE250 ! -
Only condition:you have to learn its "language" and hunt by tones.

Attachments

• 3 monedas y botón 032.jpg
    3 monedas y botón 032.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 211
I really like my Ace 250. I plan to up grade to an Ace ATPro soon and keep the 250 as back up like others said. I like that the Ace detector uses the AA battery because I already had NiMH battery and charger.

To answer your question, Yes the Ace 250 is a good coin detector. This is way I think so:

When you first get the detector out of the box, you can push and hold the detector on/off button until it beeps two times, this resets everything back to default. You select coin mode and your ready to hunt coins (away you go). Yes you will dig pop pull tabs bottle caps and some other tin junk but for the money this is a good machine. Use it on land and dry sand and fresh water (don't drop it) the coil is water proof the electronic control box is not. Using a detector in salt water you will need to up grade to a more expensive ($$$$.00) detector.

Good Luck!

Plenty started with the 250 and found a ton.
Many still use it as their prime or keep it around as a backup.
The F2 and the Euro Tek Pro and I think some of the new line of Bounty Hunters all have VDI numbers on the screen and not just those segment icons, however.
The more info we get the better digging decisions we can make and those VDI numbers can be very helpful.
All are metal detectors...all find metal, and people do with every kind.

I believe the 2 or 3 coil packages that are offered with the F2 are still some of the best values around.
Do your homework on features, benefits/price, pick one and go swinging.

Excellent post but YES! The Ace 250 is a GREAT detector!

I scored a sweet deal from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies, for the Ace 250. Very easy to use... Pinpoint function saves your back. You can get the coil wet to, just not the housing. So, you can hunt the beach and dip the 250 in some water. My neice loves it. She found a 1960 penny in the backyard, house was built in '58.
Be Safe...

Just got one and 5-10 minutes out 3 pennies and a ring. I used it in all metal mode and switch to coins after getting good tones. Seemed to work real good that way.

I scored a sweet deal from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies, for the Ace 250. Very easy to use... Pinpoint function saves your back. You can get the coil wet to, just not the housing. So, you can hunt the beach and dip the 250 in some water. My neice loves it. She found a 1960 penny in the backyard, house was built in '58.
Be Safe...

Glad she likes it! That penny will be here treasure forever now! :)

Back
Top Bottom