new coil for F5 or new F70

goneriding11

really need some extra depth. thinking about getting a sharpshooter and hunter coils for the F5 and selling the stock 11 inch. probably out about $150 doing this. also I could sell the F5 for 350 and pay 300 for a new F70. I also have an ATpro. what would you do? money is somewhat of an issue.

or just wait until I find 1k worth of profit and buy a F75LTD?

really need some extra depth. thinking about getting a sharpshooter and hunter coils for the F5 and selling the stock 11 inch. probably out about $150 doing this. also I could sell the F5 for 350 and pay 300 for a new F70. I also have an ATpro. what would you do? money is somewhat of an issue.

or just wait until I find 1k worth of profit and buy a F75LTD?

fisher f70 is a great machine ive actually heard stories of f70's getting better depth than f75's the problem i keep hearing about is that the f70 is chattery and picks up on interference a lot easier if its not setup right. But any machine would id assume so its no big deal. :)

How much more depth do you need, and what is it worth to you to get it?
I assume a bigger aftermarket coil will get you some extra depth, but you might have to deal with extra emi or other things too so it may be a wash.
Your soil is pretty sandy so I am thinking the F5 and 11" should get pretty deep, also that Pro.

The F70 can get crazy deep, but you get the best depth with the 11" DD coil over the standard elliptical so keep that in mind.
I have seen the F70 and that big coil in the classifieds for $500 and under once in awhile.
It can be chatty and especially at high power setting but that is just part of the language, it will tell you when you are swinging over something good no matter what if you know the language.
If you want quiet turn it down...still gets surprisingly deep.
Experimenting I picked up a solid, repeatable dime at 5" at a sense level of 19 out of 100...1/5 the power possible.
Imagine what it can do if you turn it up.

If money is an issue, and you are hot to trot to get deeper immediately, AND you become educated enough to be sure you will get what you need with that new accessory...get the coil.

When I add big coils my detectors feel new to me, and the extra depth is always welcomed.

If you really are crazy about super depth, an F70 o r F75 will still probably be in your future one day anyway.

I have an f70 and its not chatty at all. It runs alot smoother than my whites.. Very powerful. Wife and i went to a park i hunt alot and got a good strong dime quarter signal at 8-10" deep. Well i found 2 rusty nails on the way down to the target. Wife laughed saying nice rusty coin lol i then dug to the 10" mark and out pops a copper washer the size of a nickel... I havent had the f70 very long but have found alot i mean alot of nickels and 3 rings .. I bought this as a backup to my etrac but havent put it down lol the power and ease of use makes it a joy to use .. I hunt in town parks mostly and have zero problems with emi the only noise it makes it when swung over a target. Im using the 11" DD

The F70 can get crazy deep, but you get the best depth with the 11" DD coil over the standard elliptical so keep that in mind.
it will tell you when you are swinging over something good no matter what

F70 with the DD is flat out the best I have used.
Detecting since 93. More deep silver, more deep relics than I have ever dug. Get the F70 and DD and dont look back

Attachments

• trip pics 7_21-14 007 (Small).JPG
    trip pics 7_21-14 007 (Small).JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 245
How much more depth do you need, and what is it worth to you to get it?
I assume a bigger aftermarket coil will get you some extra depth, but you might have to deal with extra emi or other things too so it may be a wash.
Your soil is pretty sandy so I am thinking the F5 and 11" should get pretty deep, also that Pro.

I have seen the F70 and that big coil in the classifieds for $500 and under once in awhile.
It can be chatty and especially at high power setting but that is just part of the language, it will tell you when you are swinging over something good no matter what if you know the language.
If you want quiet turn it down...still gets surprisingly deep.
Experimenting I picked up a solid, repeatable dime at 5" at a sense level of 19 out of 100...1/5 the power possible.
Imagine what it can do if you turn it up.

If money is an issue, and you are hot to trot to get deeper immediately, AND you become educated enough to be sure you will get what you need with that new accessory...get the coil.

When I add big coils my detectors feel new to me, and the extra depth is always welcomed.

If you really are crazy about super depth, an F70 o r F75 will still probably be in your future one day anyway.

Great post as always!

I really wish I knew depth difference in F70 vs F5. I am hitting a quarter at 8 inches in disc mode and a foot in AM mode. tone and no VDI. 7.5/11 with VDI gain 80, thresh -2. thanks. for some reason dime is near the same. 1/2cm^2 alum is 6/10 respectively. thank you SO MUCH. probably going to get 5 inch DD now. anyone know where I can get one for less than 135$? the round 5 inch DD. thanks a lot for all of the information. (this guy still wants an F70 with all 4 coils. no need for the 15 inch imo). no need for boost mode either. F70 is where it's at. plz tell me I'm close to it with the F5.

Back
Top Bottom