Portent?? I need a good one.

BlueLine

Today was one of those days. It has rained for two days and showed no signs of quitting soon. I've gone about 4 months without anything significant and I needed something, anything recognizable or in one piece. The rain ebbed for a short time so out I went, never made it to the fields before the down pours started again, Bad omen. Next when I got to the fields, locale one had been freshly plowed and I wasn't sure if it had been planted, Bad Omen. Fields 3 and 4 all plowed, Bad Omen. A quick call to the farm's foreman and he told me that they would plant next week so I couldn't hurt anything and to go ahead on, Good Omen. The fresh plow was giving me some problems, uneven surfaces and the soft sandy loam made walking difficult plus the loose pack on the soil was giving me a lot of mixed signals. However digging was a dream, sorta like digging in a bag of potting soil.
After about an hour or so of a few broken brass and copper pieces and a couple of small flat buttons then....a strong signal on the ATPro. A very easy dig and out pops a nice green coin about the size of a US half dollar......BUT it wasn't currency, BUT it was a Good Luck Coin for the Boy Scout Club 1910. My portent, My Good Omen. Just feel it in my bones my luck is about to change. Either that or the rain is agrivating the ole arthritis. It wasn't a King George, but it was my SIGN

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 331
Am I understanding right? There's a swastika on a boy scout good luck piece? Yes, I know 1910 is before WWII. Nice finds though. Thanks for posting.

Am I understanding right? There's a swastika on a boy scout good luck piece? Yes, I know 1910 is before WWII. Nice finds though. Thanks for posting.

It was a very popular symbol before WWII, for luck and all things good...

A common symbol on a lot of Native American art as well..

Hitler really screwed that up...

Awesome find!!

<*)))>{

The other side of the coin

Another thing about the coins (Tokens)issuance, it was from a shoe company in Ohio

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom