My first beach hunt!

Robin D

Elite Member
Well, I hit the beach for my first beach hunt. Was only out for about 2 hours this morning. Had really high surf and strong winds which made hearing signals difficult, even with head phones.

Last week was Spring Break, but we had pretty nasty weather, so I don't think the beach saw much activity.

Here's what I found:
2 - quarters (Can't read the date on one of them)
2 - dimes
6 - pennies (2 corroded beyond repair)

Also found an assortment of junk.
Still, I think I'm hooked on beach hunting. It was a blast!

RD :cool:

Attachments

• DSCN0726.jpg
    DSCN0726.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 328
  • DSCN0728.jpg
    DSCN0728.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 321
You have to start somewhere Robin :) I used to only hunt dirt until I found my first gold ring, then dirt hunting became history for me :)

Sand hunting is soooo much easier and cleaner than the dirt. :yes: However, there are not too many Civil War & Celtic relics to be found in that. :no: So basically "you get what you dig (in) for"! ;)

Very true, Felix. I am commited to being diversified in my detecting. My brother is planning on beach hunting with me once he gets a detector. I'm still gonna nugget shoot, hit the parks and old homesites/mining camps and just have all around fun.
Thanks.
RD :cool:

Nice finds, I was out in the wind tunnel (felt like it anyway) yesterday, found about $.75 and alot of junk.

Nice Loot and a great way to start your beach hunting Good luck next time out.

Looks like a typical assortment! It took me a while to find my 1st gold on the beach. Be patient. It will come.

Back
Top Bottom