Detectorpro Pulse Underwater

zerovis

Hi there
Just looking for sone info, has anyone out there used the Detectorpro Pulse underwater, I hope to use it to about 20 meters or 60 feet. I realise that a PI macheine will pick up every piece of junk but i can live with that , what i want to know about are any defects with the waterticht seals at the headphones or coil. and any tips on the size of coil to use.

all the best
Zerovis

Re Hh Pi

I have the Detector Pro Headhunter PI. I find it to be a very good detector. I love my Excalibur but the Headhunter has one advantage that I really like....It cuts through the water with about 30% of the effort that the Excal does. I have the 11 inch coil and for me it is the perfect size coil. It is important to note however that I use it in neck deep water maximum. So I can't give you anyfeedback about diving with it. I will be hunting in a few hours and I will bring Excal and the Headhunter PI. I alternate between the two depending on trash, the current, my mood, and how tired my arms are. The HH PI is quite light. The best answer I can give you about the PI is to find someone that has one and try it for about a half hour. Only real negative is that it burns through batteries in 6 to 8 hours but that is not a big deal. Feel free to contact me offline for more info if you have questions.

Zerovis, I never used a head hunter so I cant comment on it. I have a fisher impulse and thinking of selling it. Its more of a dive detector then a shallow water type that I'm looking for. It's built like a tank and will take 60 feet no problem. Its very sensitive and a non motion which wild be better underwater in my opinion. I'll take $450 for it if you're interested.

Oh, and the batteries last forever in them.

Thanks for the Info i did notice that the headhunters got some bad press but most of the bad reviews seem to be a few years old and I believe that they have upgraded the machienes since then. if anyone is diving with one please leave a comment.

thanks for the feed back
zerovis

I don't have the PI, but have an older style Wader.

The main weakness in the older models (both PIs and VLFs) was the
cross over wire that goes between the two earphones. It was a little
undersized and prone to breaking if the earphones where to somehow
"spin" on their mount and pull on the wire. This has been fixed in the new
units with a heavier gauge cable. Gary Storm's support has been very good
at fixing this and returning back in a prompt manner.

You must be careful with the O-ring seal on the earphones. Keep it lubricated with silicon grease, keep the sand off and be carful not to nick it. If you do that, water entry will not be a problem. This really applies to all beach machines.

Now for the PI. It is amazingly deep and very hot on low conductors so it does real well on gold jewelry.

The one drawback is that the 9V batteries it uses don't last all that long. You'll get a solid day worth of hunting out of them and that's it. On the other hand, they are a lot lighter than other PIs or an Excal.

I don't see a bad review on the reviews site ??!?!?!?!?!
The Pulse is a deep seeker and with the updates can hold its own. It really is not a bad detector at all.

in fairness TonyinCT if you look at the reviews for the headhunter diver it got some realy bad reviews. however the pulse only seems to have good ones ,still no pne has said they have had it at 30 feet or more

all the best
Zerovis
have fun and beware of stress

zerovis- I know your looking for a reply from someone who has dove with a HH PI, I have not, so I can't help you there.

I've had my HH PI for exactly thirty days. I've only hunted low tide wet sand, and have had real good luck doing so. I love the Detectorpro. I am planning on useing it diveing at local swim holes this summer, but nothing over 12 ft.

Attached are my first months finds!

Attachments

• P1000004.jpg
    P1000004.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 1,210
  • P1000010.jpg
    P1000010.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 1,217
  • P1000008.jpg
    P1000008.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 1,206
  • P1000012.jpg
    P1000012.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 1,233
Hi there
Just looking for sone info, has anyone out there used the Detectorpro Pulse underwater, I hope to use it to about 20 meters or 60 feet. I realise that a PI macheine will pick up every piece of junk but i can live with that , what i want to know about are any defects with the waterticht seals at the headphones or coil. and any tips on the size of coil to use.

all the best
Zerovis

One of my hunting partners has the Detector Pro Head Hunter and its deeper than my PI PRO and he scores the gold with it... My detector is going to be a Detector Pro.

Detector Pro

One of my hunting partners has the Detector Pro Head Hunter and its deeper than my PI PRO and he scores the gold with it... My detector is going to be a Detector Pro.

You shyed away from an Excal, be sure you read ALL the reviews buddy. Those I can find DO NOT encourage me and believe it or not I was figuring to buy one next myownself.
Jim

You shyed away from an Excal, be sure you read ALL the reviews buddy. Those I can find DO NOT encourage me and believe it or not I was figuring to buy one next myownself.
Jim

I'm buying it as a guest detector Jim not for personal use :) I'm sticking with my PI for myself...

I'm looking at the Wader not their PI.

I'm house hunting so if I need to budget and that means no expensive VLF water machine.

Jim

Jim, Could you post these negative reviews on the Detectorpro HH PI. I've never found one. I owed a excal 1000 for a year, and found 1 gold ring. I've had the HH PI 30 days and found 3 gold rings. I can't explain the difference, the excal is a good machine. The beaches I hunt, Everyone swings a excal. I come in behind them and work SLOW. I dig every chirp, and I find gold where the excals didn't.

Zerovis . My response was to the question on the HeadhunterPI. I looked at Felixthe Cats link and saw three reviews for the PI and all three had 5 stars. That's why I answered the way I did. The Headhunter is deeper than the PI Pro but not as quality. The upgrades have addressed some short comings so unless the review is about a year old or less I wouldn't count it toward a NEW purchase of one.

TonyinCT

sorry about that i read felix post and somehow got it confused with yours

all the info is great it appears that the pulse is a good deep machiene i just have to find out if it realy is watertight

by the way that an intreesting lot of stuff you found, "onthespot"
I doubt that it will be as intresting in Ireland I spend most of my time diging up cans and bottle tops

zerovis
Have Fun and Beware of Stress

Detector Pro

Jim, Could you post these negative reviews on the Detectorpro HH PI. I've never found one. I owed a excal 1000 for a year, and found 1 gold ring. I've had the HH PI 30 days and found 3 gold rings. I can't explain the difference, the excal is a good machine. The beaches I hunt, Everyone swings a excal. I come in behind them and work SLOW. I dig every chirp, and I find gold where the excals didn't.
Onthespot;
Crimony folks, I have been looking at getting one myself until I read those reviews!!
I have no experience with the Detector Pro and I did not put the machine OR the brand down, for all I know they're a Kirby vacuum where gold is concerned but I HAVE read some negative reviews on SOME of their models. The HH may not have even been mentioned!! If memory serves the link to those reviews is already posted in this series of threads. That's where I found it. I'll leave the posting of ANY further links (other than in a PM) to THOSE WHO DECIDE which links are permissable. Happy Easter.
Jim

Hi there

well I have ordered up the DetectorPro Pulse from supermetaldetectors.com who seem to be a good 90 dollars cheeper than the next nearest and nearly 200 better than some includeing the detectorpro site. i will let you all know how I find it once it arrives.

Thanks for all the advice
one of the things that sung the decision other that price and weight was that over the last 3 to 4 weeks searching online i havent seen a bad rewiew of that particular model

thanks Again

Zerovis

That is probably the older model. All Detectorpro dealers are bound by contract to sell at no more than 10% off on current models.

i will certantly check that out but the description is exactly as per the detectorpro site but thanks for the heads up.

Zerovis

Back
Top Bottom