pinpointing with 10"DD loop sov gt

digman

:?: Can anyone give me some pointers on the DD loop having a problem pinpointing not like a concentric coil
thanx Bob Clark

It's really not that bad once you get used to it... Think of the center bar as a "hot strip". A target can be picked up anywhere along this strip. So, when you do get a target, merely sweep the coil over the target from different directions to determine "where" on the hot strip the target is. You can get really accurate with it.

Here's a link for you:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?10,180463,180463#msg-180463

One tip I picked up from another MD'er was to pinpoint in one direction, find where it is in the center of the coil, and instead of going 90 degrees out, just bring the coil back towards you till the signal starts to dissapear, and that SHOULD be the pinpoint spot. It works for me anyway. :roll:

practice in the sand doing a x- sweep, were you get the strongest signal make a mark in the sand with the coil, then move 180 deg.s an swing over your mark an make a x where it is again the loudest, using this method I can hit a coin with a probe 98% of the time. by taking the extra min. or so to get a very good pinpoint will save time an do less damage too a lawn.I can now pinpoint in about 5-10 sec.s an be dead on.

Back
Top Bottom