Merlin’s Back Wielding Some Silver Magic! (Mystery Item Id Please)

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I got Merlin back on Saturday from my buddy Jim after he changed the Ikelite connector that I got from Minelab. (He says he couldn’t use the one from the strobe light that I had bought because the prongs were slightly different). Anyway, I took it out to my regular beach about 2 hours before the afternoon low tide. I wanted to work some of the deeper water but the lack of targets was just killing my swinging arm since the coil on the Excal is much more difficult to move through the water than either my SS or CZ’s, so I moved inshore. I went to the area where I picked up my 1st water Buff ever with Merlin last month. I noticed that there still seemed to be erosion there, and maybe some new, and started getting some hits. I worked it over carefully and was about to leave the area when I hit a sinker under some seaweed that had been carpeting the area. That piqued my interest and started working all of the seaweed carpeted area which I had been avoiding because I thought it would be difficult to work. However, I found it easy to just sweep the seaweed away with my feet and scoop up the target so I stayed working this area. All the sinkers and 90% of the coins came from this area, in addition to the silver ring and the 2 brass ones that I was hopeful would be 10K rings that were badly tarnished but weren’t. Merlin seems to be working OK but it’s going to take a few more hunts where it’s more submersed for me to be confident it’s completely at 100%. I hunted for 4 hours and was happy with the silver and the 2 other rings and I'm getting the hang of Merlin's sounds.

If any of you have any idea what my mystery item may be please offer some ideas.

Attachments

• 3-12-17.jpg
    3-12-17.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 320
  • 3-12-17 Mystery (2).jpg
    3-12-17 Mystery (2).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 312
  • 3-12-17 Mystery (1).jpg
    3-12-17 Mystery (1).jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 315
Mystery item= Ballast and plastic to some floating device that is meant to self right if tipped over... Toy boat, or submarine maybe?

<°)))>{

:laughing: Quick Barb, hop in the delorian... and remember don't hit the switch until exactly 88mph...
Good ole Biff was such a character
Probably my favourite series of all time.

Yes he was awesome!

you are getting it down,,,,,,just look at how much less garbage you dug,,,,,,I am getting a whole assortment of junk/silver rings,,,,,,hope its not a sign of how the year will go,,,,,:roll:GL HH

Back
Top Bottom