Cctv?

Video security? I've had cameras outside my house for over 15 years now. Price of equipment has really come down, pretty cheap if you catch a sale. I've seen 4 camera systems, everything except the monitor for under $200. Not hard to find a computer monitor or old TV cheap or free. Most let you network with your home computer, and you can view anywhere over the internet or on a smartphone. I don't do fast internet, or cellphones, so no experience with those options. People tend to be on their better behavior, when they know they are on video, huge deterrent. Gives a lot of peace of mind, when you come home from work, notice something isn't right, out of place, since you can review the video and see what happened, rather than wonder and worry.

Several examples on my YouTube channel, here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/HarveyH45/videos

I recently put in a 8 camera system and I love it I have four cameras inside and four outside. I also have it set-up where I can watch it on my PC or a separate LED monitor I have set-up. Make sure you if you buy one that it has the hard drive installed some units you have to add the hard drive. I bought mine off E-bay and have been real happy with it. I would suggest you have a PC guru to help set-up the system I would not have been able to except my son is an IT pro.

I recently put in a 8 camera system and I love it I have four cameras inside and four outside. I also have it set-up where I can watch it on my PC or a separate LED monitor I have set-up. Make sure you if you buy one that it has the hard drive installed some units you have to add the hard drive. I bought mine off E-bay and have been real happy with it. I would suggest you have a PC guru to help set-up the system I would not have been able to except my son is an IT pro.

Thanks

Do you have a link or model # of your system?

Don't have one, just thinking about getting one my gate is about 800 ft away from my house and there's woods inbetween so i would prefer asking someone that has experience than a sale person trying to sell me something

Don't have one, just thinking about getting one my gate is about 800 ft away from my house and there's woods inbetween so i would prefer asking someone that has experience than a sale person trying to sell me something

That's quite a distance, you are going to need somebody that knows a lot more than I do. Too long to run a cable, resistance would degrade the signal, not to mention DC power does do long distance runs well either. Wireless, think would run into similar problems, woods in between doesn't help either.

There are IP cameras, network cameras. I don't know enough about networking to know for sure. But you can run CAT5 cable a long ways, and there is a way to run power through it as well. Not sure if you can power a camera at 800 ft though. Running 800 feet of any cable through the woods is going to be challenging. Don't have any experience with long distance stuff.

I just installed a bunker hill or something like that, A house brand from harbor freight 4 cameras Hard drive recorder. easy set up but it is hard wired so some drilling in walls/stucco is needed. It was on sale at 249 or something with a 25 percent coupon brought it down some.
Good unit and quality recording.
I installed it for a friend at their home, my personal system is old school sanyo cams with a big hard drive recorder. Bought mine so long ago but it still works.
I thought about the wireless but then there is batteries to replace and the risk of something interfering with the signal or pirating the signal.
800 ft is quit a distance for a standard camera as they sell today, If you cant mount it closer the other option is to put it in the line of sight and use a teloscopic lens. For that you will need something like my old school camera with removable lens, You can use the inexpensive newer non adjustable cameras for close to the house just save one channel for the other, will probably need a transformer for power to the single camera as well because the power reqirements are different then the smaller newer cams.

Back
Top Bottom