Got a snowblower?

matthias

Elite Member
Hey there. I desparately need a snowblower. Do any of you own one you can reccommend to me? Looking for new, two-stage gas, steering, headlight, electric start and good performance all around- especially the tough hardpack pile the town snowplow pushes in front of your driveway. Thanks in advance for any info. GL and HH. Matt

I bought an Arends a couple years ago. 12 hp, 2 stage, head light and 5 speeds forward and 1 or 2 in reverse.
My is also electric start. Just plug in a 110 volt extension card and push the button.

I will be using my here in a few minutes as another 6" predicted tonite and tomorrow.

Good luck.

I bought the Cub Cadet (30") 357cc Two-Stage Snow Blower 3 years ago and absolutely love it. 357cc is equivilent to about 13.5 HP

Attachments

• 357cc.jpg
    357cc.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 245
Been using this machine for 3 winters now here in Northern Michigan and I'm very happy with it. It starts so easy I never use the electric start and when I changed the oil after the first season it came out clean with no shiny chunks in it!

It's not a monster snowblower so I take my time and don't push it when it's straining and it chugs along just fine. Up to 8 inches of fresh snow I put it in second gear and just follow it along :grin:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_189206-270-...ty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=Two-stage|2-stage

Use this to plow snow for three years now and works great.

Attachments

• ATV_Snow_Plow.JPG
    ATV_Snow_Plow.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 215
I got a craftsman 24" and have been using it for 8 years and no problems...it paid for itself in 2 years...and this weekend we are expecting to have a 10" snow tomorrow and another 12" on sunday so its going to pay for itself all over again...the only downside I found was the metal piece that lets you run it with one hand snapped off but I prefer it this way..could get another fitted in minutes...I recommend the biggest, baddest, machine you can get, the more HP the better...I didn't see the benefit of the garden tractor add ons..cost twice the price and if your tractor cant get traction your stuffed

I got a craftsman 24" and have been using it for 8 years and no problems...it paid for itself in 2 years...and this weekend we are expecting to have a 10" snow tomorrow and another 12" on sunday so its going to pay for itself all over again...the only downside I found was the metal piece that lets you run it with one hand snapped off but I prefer it this way..could get another fitted in minutes...I recommend the biggest, baddest, machine you can get, the more HP the better...I didn't see the benefit of the garden tractor add ons..cost twice the price and if your tractor cant get traction your stuffed

I already own a BCS tiller tractor the snow attachment runs about 900 bucks, here's a utube vid of it in action. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqD5efT8uuc

I have a 42" Berco snow blower that goes on my riding lawn mower. The thing will just eat through the snow and its fun to do too! Last storm I was hitting neighbors driveways just having fun and helping out people. Came home with $70 in tips (that i tried to refuse) and a big bowl of homemade bean soup!

Thank you for your replies everyone. I started searching stores yesterday and OMG! There is practically a panic for these things going on here. I'm going out today and I will not come home until I have one. We got 10" last Monday, about 4" last night which is now freezing rain. This coming Sunday we are forecasted for lots more snow. I'll post what I get for a snowblower later today. Thanks again. GL and HH. Matt

Got One!

Not the best time to shop for a "mid-sized, mid-priced" snowblower as almost everyone was sold out. I settled on a 24" Craftsman with EZ-Steer. Thank you all for your help. GL and HH. Matt

Attachments

• snoblo1.jpg
    snoblo1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 110
Back
Top Bottom