New Excalibur II Threshold Chatter

AlohaMetalDetectors

Hi All,

Just picked up a new Excalibur II 1000 and I'm experiencing the same thing as in this video:

http://youtu.be/u4Fkzbz2juU

I can't get that humming noise in threshold at all even at the lowest sensitivity setting, nothing put the tones chattering all over the place, kind of like a violin being tortured.

Also, is there any drawback to hunting silent with no low threshold hum? I can get rid of the crazy chatter if I back the threshold down all the way almost. Thanks for any input.

Excalibur II Care & Maintenance

A couple of years ago I was experiencing a similar problem. Turned out there was water and sand trapped between the coil and cover. I gave the coil and cover a thorough cleaning and after they were dry I re-installed the cover and gave my unit a test drive and the problem was solved. I subsequently sealed all seams around the cover with a clear silicone sealant and haven't had any issues since. This may or may not be the solution to what you're experiencing. Can't hurt to check it out if you haven't already ruled this out.

Hi All,

Just picked up a new Excalibur II 1000 and I'm experiencing the same thing as in this video:

http://youtu.be/u4Fkzbz2juU

I can't get that humming noise in threshold at all even at the lowest sensitivity setting, nothing put the tones chattering all over the place, kind of like a violin being tortured.

Also, is there any drawback to hunting silent with no low threshold hum? I can get rid of the crazy chatter if I back the threshold down all the way almost. Thanks for any input.

In my opinion if it is defective i'd send it back asap. At one time they used to say an excal ll every 3 out of 10 was defective. If you can't get any threshold i wouldn't hesitate getting a replacement. Any detector you can receive a bad unit. Bought a new ace 350 the screen stayed blank. A BHID300 only the red light came on. Shipping damage,factory defect? Who knows?

Thanks for the feedback all. Turns out it was defective, and the dealer swapped it out with a new one to spare me the turnaround time sending it back for repairs, which was amazing.

Thanks for the feedback all. Turns out it was defective, and the dealer swapped it out with a new one to spare me the turnaround time sending it back for repairs, which was amazing.

Dale sold me mine over a year ago and it does that but I didn't know any better

Back
Top Bottom