Hit eastern Conn. shore today

Casper

Went down to Conn. shoreline today. I had planned on hitting a spot at low tide where there is a private club on the beach - there is no parking nearby and I would have had to walk a mile to get there - been wanting to hit here for awhile - but I got down there a little earlier then I had planned and tide was not where I wanted it yet so I hit another spot that Ive gotten old stuff at before. It is just a little local saltwater spot. Parking for residents only in season. I headed out into the waters. I was only out for about 5 min. when i got a faint reading. I stuck scoop in and hit a large rock about a foot down. I got it out of the way and rechecked and still got faint reading. scooped again - rechecked - scooped - rechecked - finally had it in my scoop. When I finally got most of the black sand muck out I saw large cookie coin - really caked. A few feet away I got another deep signal and got a buff. nickel. I hit another spot where I got some deep targets - got a couple of silver dimes - caked. Then I got a whisper of a signal - type that with every other pass kept disappearing - it was that deep. I fanned bottom with my dive boot and took away about 4-5 inches and rechecked - I finally got a steady signal - very faint but there. After about 5 scoops I looked in to see large old gold signet ring - made my day - old gold & old silver. Will probably head back down again tommorrow.

P.S. Used my PI today - for those that want to know

Attachments

• mar31-conn.jpg
    mar31-conn.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 225
  • bigsil-biggold.JPG
    bigsil-biggold.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 231
WTG on the ring Casper.
Can't see the markings clear in the pic. Any ID?
You mentioned dive boots, how far out were ya?

Casper it looks like you have another coin for a contest :) Nice finds.. :)

Oh no, not another cookie coin contest, lol!! Just kidding, those contests are fun! Congrats on some cool finds!

Back
Top Bottom