scoop question for freshwater hunters

I would love to get a 790 but my main scoops are no where near worn out.
I prefer 90 degree scoops. :yes:

Its funny... I can't stand 90 degree scoops :lol: I love my 20 degree scoop... I started water hunting with a 90 but I sold it to a friend..

Here is the 920i with a back saver and Ash wood handle.

4 lbs 8oz

671a7c97d798261b7136b01eb4656d38.jpg

Its funny... I can't stand 90 degree scoops :lol: I love my 20 degree scoop... I started water hunting with a 90 but I sold it to a friend..

I use mine to drag targets to me a lot. That's the main reason I use a 5 foot long handle.
I pull things up from deep water drop off's and pull stuff out from under docks and piers.

I am kinda crazy though. :cool:

1 of my ideas in the workshop is a cf scoop. Steel or titanium in the places that actually come in contact with solid friction/ contact with sand or rocks.
By my calculations weight would come in at about 1/2lb. Will take a sizeable initial investment to get it rolling though with proper trial and error allowance ;)

after consideration now I am thinking maybe a 90 degree scoop would be better as I could push the bottom with my foot and get more leverage on the scoop.

after consideration now I am thinking maybe a 90 degree scoop would be better as I could push the bottom with my foot and get more leverage on the scoop.
With some practice you can reach a 90 degree scoop out in front of you, push and pull it back and forth to dig a hole and then turn and pull it toward yourself to scoop up what you heard.

I used that method to recover an unusually strong foil signal out in water that was well over my head. It turned out to be the most expensive ring I ever found.
5 diamond hearts on fire engagement ring set in platinum.

I sold it to a nice young couple who are married now. Here it is on her hand.

c5rs.jpg

Here it is right after I found it. :grin:

3RS.jpg

1RS.jpg

With some practice you can reach a 90 degree scoop out in front of you, push and pull it back and forth to dig a hole and then turn and pull it toward yourself to scoop up what you heard.

I used that method to recover an unusually strong foil signal out in water that was well over my head. It turned out to be the most expensive ring I ever found.

View attachment 379014

View attachment 379015

View attachment 379016

That's a honker

View attachment 379014

View attachment 379015

View attachment 379016

HEY Irons, I stay out of your shallow water, you stay out of my deep water!!

Very nice score!

Back
Top Bottom