Gold #16 (18K Bracelet)

Joshc214

I haven't been out since last thursday when I found the small 14k diamond/sapphire ring. We've had big surf for the past week and I'm not into the dry/wet sand hunts, they never produce for me... Yesterday and today were the first calm days so I decided to take off work today for an ocean hunt.

Conditions weren't ideal, mostly sanded in with a couple troughs that were semi sanded in.. I spent the entire morning hiking down the beach hunting these shallow troughs without much luck. At around 11 when I was getting ready to call it quits I got a blasting signal on the excal, figured it was another penny... nope. Looked in my scoop and saw a giant piece of gold. At first I thought it was a plated hoop earring, but when I grabbed it there was some weight to it, even though its hollow. A quick inspection and I found 18k Italy marked on the clasp!!! Weighs in at 10.8 grams... too bad it wasn't solid gold lol, but I'll take it!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1489179654403.jpg
    FB_IMG_1489179654403.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 485
  • FB_IMG_1489179648045.jpg
    FB_IMG_1489179648045.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 481
  • FB_IMG_1489179640761.jpg
    FB_IMG_1489179640761.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 477
  • FB_IMG_1489179634691.jpg
    FB_IMG_1489179634691.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 490
:dingding: That's a fine ticket! I took a day off today and noticed the same conditions. Most of my coins came from angled troughs. The heavy waves just buried stuff I think other than opening a few of those troughs.

Beautiful bracelet. A co-worker of mine wears 7 bracelets, very similar to that one. One to protect her for each day of the week.

Huge congrats, that's a beauty!

Thanks! Got lucky today with hunting in poor conditions...

Super sweet congrats! :cool: Gold bracelet is a bucket list item for me.

Thanks Irons! It was for me too :D

:dingding: That's a fine ticket! I took a day off today and noticed the same conditions. Most of my coins came from angled troughs. The heavy waves just buried stuff I think other than opening a few of those troughs.

Thanks Felix! Yep, it was tough hunting out there today. I'm thinking conditions should improve over the next few days with the NNE swell that's headed our way over the weekend.

Beautiful bracelet. A co-worker of mine wears 7 bracelets, very similar to that one. One to protect her for each day of the week.

Thanks Bagelbites! Hmmm, I wonder if there are 6 more next to where I found this one? lol

Thats another beauty there Josh! Hell yeah you will take it! I love that 'prune hand' look in the one picture! It lets us know you spent some time in the water for the score!

Sweet find. Speaking from experience try weighing it again in a few days.

Thanks Steve! Will do!

Congrats on a very nice find.

Thanks Numil!

Thats another beauty there Josh! Hell yeah you will take it! I love that 'prune hand' look in the one picture! It lets us know you spent some time in the water for the score!

Thanks Mud! Lol yeah, it was a good 5-6 hours...

Sweet , sweet. Congats , ,,,,,HH

Thanks Ricki!

That's incredible, for sure! Congrats :D

Thanks!

Outstanding piece of 18K goodness!

Thanks captain silver! Yeah I'm glad it turned out to be 18k, makes up for some of the weight loss for being hollow.

Awesome find once again! Its only March and your almost at 20 golds fty, that's even better! Congrats!

Thanks Cellrdwellr! I hit #17 today lol

Congrats on the gold,,,, That's what it's all about,,,, Nice find

Thanks! It sure is!

Back
Top Bottom