"And I did not even need a detector!"

Treasure2some

Elite Member
" just two lost souls, swimming in a fish bowl, year after year, Running over the same old ground. What have we found?"
Nice day at the beach yesterday! Intermittent sun, low wind and waves. Colleen was on the beach, I was in the water. She found 42 coins including a 51D wheat. My first nice hit was a little silver Delta Zeta sorority ring. Later I found a couple of junk rings. I also found 21 coins, including a 72 Kennedy half dollar. We watched a fisherman on the beach bring in a nice Steelhead. The find of the day happened after we turned off our detectors and headed toward the parking lot. We have often had spectators make snide comments when they find a coin on the beach surface near where we are detecting. Look! And I didn't even need a detector" Interestingly, we noticed people hunting what we call the junk layer midway between the surf and the parking lot searching for driftwood? Beach glass? and putting stuff in a plastic bag. We were speculating on which it might be as we walked up looking at the ground. I was looking down at a piece of beach glass when I spotted something and and said to Colleen "What's that?" She swooped in and grabbed it. "It's a man's wedding band" and immediately looked for a karat mark. She said "14K!" We were concerned with the dull finish and the ATPro reading (71) and her F75 reading (56). I went to a local coin club meeting and showed it to Sturrat. He has had similar readings that were gold, but was not sure. We also had it checked by a local jeweler. She confirmed it was gold. She said it was a sand blasted finish, we wondered before or after market?
964aec25fa034c5ccaeca66812a4d575.jpg
d587c3df96a4f1bc3bda612ba7ed9606.jpg
b34d0aadfb3fd70781de19a891a79e7c.jpg
[emoji41][emoji41]

Lots of stuff just sitting there when the sand blows away. Great job congrats! :cool:

:laughing: Now THATS worth a walk on the beach! Outstanding! That Big Wind peeled off some layers huh? Sorry I missed you guys at the Coin Club last night!

I've got a bit of stuff going on around here selling the house so I can clear out and get down to Miami where the Action is!:laughing: I'll go to the Coin Show tomorrow though and get my fix...Thats a beautiful Steelhead! West Mich has some of the best big Steelie fishing in the Nation!

nice surface find. that will change your hunting strategy:D

No, odds still better in the water, in any season. We have always hunted both beach (early summer mornings before people are around) and water. More rings come out of the water. Off season beach hunting, except water line is hit or miss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom