The curse of Oak Island

There is only 5 episodes. So unless the last one is 8 hours it was a waste of time to watch. I know in the third episode they should have posted a warning how not to use a chainsaw. I'm surprised the whole tree didn't come straight down on the guys foot who was cutting the tree. Maybe he is the one who dies to reveal the secrets of the island?

Got say it again this show is bad bad bad . I watched it again last night ..it's like looking at the sun you know it hurts your eyes but sometimes you do it anyway. The older brother is a real dink . He reams out the kids because he almost drops a tree on them . Did he ever think he needs to learn how to drop a tree with a chainsaw . What a dope .

Just saw the season premiere teaser two days ago. I had to look into this cus I saw the blue waterproof AT pro headphones in the commercial along with a garrett propointer so I figured it was another detecting show. Going to set it to record on my DVR on Feb 9

I have to admit I am moderately intrigued by the show - since I too read about it as a kid. There seems to be some 'seriousness' on the part of the brothers' who are working the area along with some dedicated technical applications BUT when the metal detecting 'expert' said, very clearly, "If there is gold down there the metal detector will HEAR IT' I shook my head. Gold does not give off sounds and Metal detectors do not 'hear' anything - they detect the presence of metal and give an audible signal when metal is detected. Sorry but I am a 'stickler' for things like this and while I realize the majority of people who watch these shows are most likely NOT MDr's, TH'rs etc. I still think an 'expert' should provide a basic (and realistic) explanation of how his equipment works.

I don't know if it's all show bizz likely is...but seems a genuine mystery to me, if they do find treasure they would all be famous as Mel Fisher.

I give them kudo's for trying to solve the mystery one way or other and frankly
enjoy watching it. Lesley if your reading this thread what is your take on it, I beleive you live in NS.

hh

Back
Top Bottom