Sunray Intruder S-12 problems/questions

Franz

Forum Supporter
So I picked up an s12 recently. I was very impressed by the weight, but so far it hasn't met any of my expectations. I know a lot of people like them, so I'm wondering if there is something wrong with mine. It can barely air test a us quarter to 10". Actual field experience has been dismal. In the sand, I've only had TWO targets with it that were more than one scoop deep (and most of the one scoop targets weren't even a full scoop). A signal that would normally (w/ the 10") be a zinc penny at about 6-8" ends up being a zinc penny at 1-2" with the s12. This should not be, that penny would have blown my ears off with the 10". I wasn't expecting anything extraordinary depth wise, I feel like I dig plenty deep with the 10" tornado, but I was hoping for at least the same amount. I was expecting better coverage, seeing as it is a much bigger coil. Coverage is less than the 10" tornado. Not that it is something I depend on, but I have noticed that signals to the periphery are only picked up about 2-3" off the edge of the coil, w/ the 10" it is much more. I can't even walk near the chrome bumper on my pickup with the 10", but the s12 can get about 16-18" from it before signalling. So all in all, I feel like I'm running a lighter coil with no depth and a little less coverage. Please don't read this wrong, I'm not bashing this coil. I know a lot of people run it, and love it. I just need confirmation from others that something is definitely wrong with it and I should send it in for warranty.

Back
Top Bottom