Pin Pointers with Vibration Feedback and Good Depth

NoIronMan

One of the things I like most about the Whites BE II is the silent/vibration mode.
I don't like its 1" or less range.
Does anyone make a pinpointed with maybe 4" range and the vibration mode?
I almost bit the bullet on the Pistol Probe until I saw it has audio and Led/Silent modes only.

I use the Bullseye II and I don't mind the 1" or less. That is why it is a pinpointer. Pinpointers shouldn't be made to detect 4 inches away, kinda like shooting a moose with a BB gun.

Yeah, I never got all that super-tuning stuff either. Think de-tuning my ProPointer was a contributing factor to it's eventual failure. I've got an iron mine in my backyard, about 8 inches down, full of rusted bits of nails. There are still a lot of strong signals, and the property is old enough for silver coins. Stopped counting after I got around 20 wheat pennies. The more range your pinpointer has, the more nearby bits of metal it's going to beep on. Only read about one pinpointer that discriminates.

Unless I'm digging craters in my backyard, my holes are pretty small. I pinpoint standing up with my detector, and can usually get within an inch or two, unless it's a trash area. 1-2" for a handheld pinpointer is plenty. The blade on my digging tool is 7", so targets 5" deep or less, I try to get under, and pull out with the plug. Deeper, and I try to leave it in the bottom of the hole. Haven't damaged anything since starting to do it this way.

I'm not in a race, not in any competition, and certainly not counting on getting rich. It's just for fun and adventure. Sure, I'm eager to see what the machine was beeping about, but I can handle waiting a few more seconds.

Your pinpointer is an accessory, an optional tool. You should pick the one that best suits your needs and style. For most, it seems like style and price go hand-in-hand. Propointer is nice, but the range is often more than what's needed in the iron mine.

Vibraprobe! I'm not sure about the 4"...maybe 2 or 3 but it's a fine pinpointer, completely waterproof and only signals with a vibration. Plus you don't need to by a second one as a backup, one is all you'll need. Good luck in your choice.

Vibraprobe! I'm not sure about the 4"...maybe 2 or 3 but it's a fine pinpointer, completely waterproof and only signals with a vibration. Plus you don't need to by a second one as a backup, one is all you'll need. Good luck in your choice.
Had one that eventually died. My main complaint with the Vibraprobe is that it caused tremendous interference with the DFX, and without a cutoff switch (waiting for it to turn itself off) it was hanging at your side messing with things till it flipped off. I'm now using a Garrett Propointer and couldn't be happier with it (well I guess I could...if you could turn off the audible speaker).

Vibraprobe I hear gets good depth, not sure about 4 inches tho.

The Garrett PP will get anywhere from 1-2 1/2 inches. 2 1/2 inches tends to be a very, very good day from my experiences. Of course, every one has different soils and moisture in the soil at any given time so experiences may vary on a hunt by hunt basis.

The Minelab Profind could also be an option, although I have never used one. It is a little pricier than the GPP tho.

All three have audio and vibrate.

The Vibraprobe 580 turns off the same way it turns on. Hold it upside down and wait for two pulses. Mine interferes with the Deus but pointing the coil away from the hole seems to help a bunch. For some reason it does not interfere with my CTX at all. And I love just throwing it in water to clean it. Coming from the Garrett it took some time to get used to, but I am starting to feel comfortable with it.

Back
Top Bottom