What's the best digging tool?

What detector do you use? The reason I ask is because I have the smaller Lesche which I like, however, once I bought a new detector, I was getting deeper readings and the regular Lesche just didn't dig deeper holes quick enough. I switched to the 18" Mini Sampson which I can't say enough positive things about.

I have both the Garrett digger as well as the Lesche and I prefer the Lesche. Not only does it cut through roots much better but it is also made in the USA whereas the Garrett Edge is made in China. I try whenever possible to support the US worker and company when I have the choice to do so.

What detector do you use? The reason I ask is because I have the smaller Lesche which I like, however, once I bought a new detector, I was getting deeper readings and the regular Lesche just didn't dig deeper holes quick enough. I switched to the 18" Mini Sampson which I can't say enough positive things about.

you know, the above is just plain ol'great advice.Thanks for posting it.I have and use a fiskars(w/the serrated edge and weird prong at tip) and it does a good job.I swing a Tesoro Cibola and I quickly came to the realization that the fiskars just was not cut out (get it?) for the holes i was having to dig as pertaining to the depth.

I then used a gift card from lowes and purchased their small shovel and am now digging more accurate and prettier holes that are deeper simply because it is a shovel and man,those holes are dug so much quicker.I actually dig plugs now,imagine that, and i am in ne alabama.our dirt is different.it's clay a lot and when it is not,it is not a clean plug allowing type of dirt it seems.

uh oh.I may be attacked BECAUSE i do use a small shovel exclusively but oh well.that is another topic entirely.

Great advice. I can't say enough good things about this forum & I've only been a member for a few days. I'm using the Garrett AT Pro.

Thanks!

I've bought meany low end diggers before I got my lesche, I wished I'd got the lesche first, it would've save me the bucks and not left me in the field with a broken digger and had to call it Quits :no:

Get the lesche.

Piranha/Sampson ball handle

I use a ball handle Sampson ms lesche. And a piranha 35 ms lesche for the wilderness. Grounds keepers get kinda intimidated by the piranha. They think its a regular spade and I'm gonna damage their grass and irrigation lines. I've been kicked out of more places because of my piranha than any other reason combined. It's a bad ass spade, but think twice before bringing it on private prop. Or a park. nd for the little digger I use the raptor. I don't like regular lesche knives. They churn up the dirt too much when sawing turf, it ruins the plug if you Aren't super careful.

I won't take anything larger than a Lesche into the parks, my buddies have been kicked out for taking mini-shovels in. It just looks tacky.

I have not used anything but the garrett edge digger, it came with the at pro I had and I love it! I really do want the predator model 31 though!

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom