Question for Garrett Ace 250 Owners

BeepNDig

Hi friends, I recently received a Garrett Ace 250 and tried it out for my first time at the beach, and it seemed to be a real coin magnet. In you're honest opinion, do you think it's a good detector, or do you have any advice to improve it's performance? And if you had any pictures of good finds you found with it I would be glad to see.

look forward to your answers,

Riley

Great

I consider it an excellent beginner machine.
I found over $500 with mine - enough to buy my AT PRO:D
Keep in mind that if you are talking targets 4-5" deep, you will probably not get them with this machine.
However if you are hunting tot-lots and tearouts, it is just fine.

Picture is my first $100 with the Ace 250

Attachments

• coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 323
It's a GREAT detector, only thing to improve it is a DD coil & a sniper coil addition. Friend me (Roy Cobb) on Facebook to see my finds album. Over 500 hours on my ACE250.

Thanks for the replies guys, and another question is do you think it works best for you at the beach, or in totlots?

Thanks,

Riley

salt

I know I had problems with the saltwater.
Fresh water is fine, up to the control box of course.

Keep in mind that if you are talking targets 4-5" deep, you will probably not get them with this machine.

I think that has to do with your local soil composition more than anything. I've had my Ace 250 for three years and have found many, many items that are 6" deep. I am in Washington where the soil is moist for the most part and very acidic. If it only went down three inches, I'd have saved a ton of money if I just got the Radio Shack extra extra special blue light special.

I think that has to do with your local soil composition more than anything. I've had my Ace 250 for three years and have found many, many items that are 6" deep. I am in Washington where the soil is moist for the most part and very acidic. If it only went down three inches, I'd have saved a ton of money if I just got the Radio Shack extra extra special blue light special.

I think you may be right, because one of my finds was a small bullet shell 5-6 inches down in the sand. I also found a small piece of metal about 7 inches down. In my opinion, I think it's a great detector for both beginners and more experienced detectorists

Thanks for you're reply,

Riley M.

I really enjoyed my Ace 250 when I had it as well. The sniper coil was a must though! I was almost on the verge of giving up until I got it. It really made the difference for me.

Again, thanks for the replies guys. Do any of you think it is a pretty accurate machine when telling you what type of target you have detected?

Back
Top Bottom