Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

Talisatu

Hey gang!! After 3 week I finally got my MD. Damn NewEgg!! I've never had a problem with them before, but if you ever have to deal with their customer service, your screwed!!

Anyway, I was reading my owners manual before I went out and started my first hunt and had a question about what settings other people use. I was thinking about using the coinshooting settings, but it eliminates gold which I don't think is a good thing. The other setting I was looking at is jewelry hunting. I'm sure that I will get more trash this way, but I would hate to miss a gold ring or something like that.... Any suggestions???

In the tone mode, rotate from minimum to where the nickel just gives a smooth low tone. Now nickels will give low tone, tabs a mixed tone, and clad a high tone. Be aware that some rings fall in the tab zone. For the record, MOST rings fall in the foil to clad zone. That's a wide range. In disc. mode, I always use minimum discriminate-which is bottlecap reject. Sensitivity should at LEAST be 2/3 rds. The lightning fast response makes it easy to pinpoint with the target being in the middle of the small loop. If you're low on iron, the a/m mode will find plenty.:laughing:

All metal mode will obviously pick up everything. Starting with that is a good way to become familiar with handling the machine (sweep speed, target detection, rough pinpointing, etc.). Once you get comfortable with that...or if you just want to skip iron to begin with, I suggest tone mode with the Disc. turned up to about the 12' position. This will detect gold (low tone), coins, and most jewelry. Unfortunately it will also detect aluminum can stay-tabs and tone them out like gold, but that is just the way it is. Dig'em all. Make a small test field outside using a pop tab, a piece of aluminum foil, a gold ring if you have one, and a dime, nickel, penny, and quarter to determine your Disc. adjustment when you want to start exploring that. As for Sensitivity, like sllingshot47 said, 2/3rds or higher. I always start high (nearly max for my soil) and will decrease if I'm having problems doing the rough pinpoint. Good luck with your hunt!

All the posters gave you good advice....! KT learned his Tracker IV with all metal setting on the toggle and hunted sites where there would be more coins compared to junk like pulltabs....like totlots to start with. After about a month of that, KT was tired of picking up every nut, bolt, washer, tack and screw on those totlots so He switched over to Tone mode...and runs both his sens and discri at 1:00...Its a coin buster at those settings but you will still get hard signals on silver...not quite so good on gold but gold is very few and far between anywho where KT hunts.

Main thing...swing it enough to learn it, and get it over some targets...if you are not finding much where you hunt, then change the type of place you hunt! Could be the same grounds but different area on that property.

Back
Top Bottom